Chinese-Forums

ZDT: handwriting recognition

cwmccabe

It would be really cool if ZDT could incorporate handwriting recognition, for example, somehow incorporating this program: http://www.geocities.jp/ep3797/tomoe_01.html For how I currently use ZDT, the only shortcoming is when I want to look up a character for which I don't know the pronunciation. I end up having to use the nciku drawing utility, but it would be nicer to have one built into ZDT because I'm offline a lot of the time.

What is the possibility of something like this ever being built into ZDT?

Chris,

It looks pretty good to me. I have better luck using the nciku input app, but that's because I'm pretty sloppy about stroke order. On the positive side, HanziDict might actually be a better pedagogical tool because it would force me to think about stroke order. Although it would be nice to at least be able to switch between the nciku style (stroke-order-independent) and the HanziDict style, I'm not one to complain. If HanziDict were included in ZDT, I think that would be great.

Carl