Chinese-Forums

Online archive of text messages

roddy

Well folks, after an incredible roller coaster year which saw the site receive literally ALMOST NO visitors, attract HARDLY ANY comments and receive applause and praise from ZERO major celebrities, the RandomChineseSMS.com database has finally run out of random Chinese SMSs.

It's a mystery. The world clearly was not ready.

I've got into the habit of deleting text messages after reading them (gotta delete all that incriminating evidence) so I don't have a ready supply of new ones. I'll probably ignore the site for now, or I might reset the dates so that it starts again from Day One. Guess you all like your pop-ups and your translations and all that jazz. Hey ho.

I've got a few unloved websites hanging around here and there, but this one really was an absolute failure. I could have got more visitors by putting up pages of random nonsense. But never mind, I liked it.

Yes, if only there had been an RSS feed linked from the footer right from day one. Oh look, there was.

There might have been more readers I didn't know about via RSS, that wouldn't have shown up in my stats. Even though . . .

• 1 month later...

RandomChineseSMS.com has been proudly relaunched. However, it's basically exactly the same messages all over again. But think of it as another chance to appreciate this vastly under-appreciated little Internet gem. One per day till November 2010.

• 8 months later...