Chinese-Forums

Beida -

dncdoor

• 2 months later...

i live on campus

just find it most comfortable...almost all i need can be found in campus

and really i need just few minutes to get from dorm to classes

the bed is hard...man i thought at first i'm sleeping on board (basically you do)

i am in single room with my own bathroom, but ab rooms are cool, you have your own room but share kitchen and bathroom, and it's a good way to meet someone new

there is washing machine on every floor

the net connection in the campus is cool...i mean i never go under a megabit, and it's 9 euros a month

bad sides are the fact that you can't get anyone in after 11, i mean if you manage to sneak someone in you can...sometimes campus seems to be enough, so you don't have a need to discover anything outside...

on the other hand campus is sweet

tsinghua program is not bad, basically the books and teachers are from blcu

they are really nice and helpful, you can learn a lot if you are keen to learn not to fool around

also depends on the level, i have the feeling that higher levels (301 and up) are more interesting

foreign students are mostly korean, so you can avoid using english since most of them don't know english that well

:) any other questions?

• 1 month later...

since tsing hua has already been discussed, i have some questions, too:

- does tsing hua accept students at beginner's level? no need to take an exam of some sort?

- how is the learning environment?

- how many students are there per class (for mandarin classes)?

- does it have organization for foreign students and clubs for extracurricular activities?

hope you can give me advise on this. :D thanks!

:)

Yes they accept students at beginners level, if you want to enroll in 101 you do not need to take any exam

the placement exam takes place before the begining of classes so they place us in the according level, if you have any preexisting knowledge of chinese i strongly recommend to you that you take it....

the learning environment, hm, it's the way you create it for yourself

i dunno what exactly you want to know

about the number of the students, the thing is that it depends on the level you attend

for example last semester i was in a class that had 28 students (I was 301, 101 levels are not that big)

but some classes had 10 students some had 5 or so... it depends on a level and a class you choose

does it have organization for foreign students and clubs for extracurricular activities?

hm, it has some chinese/english corners...and it has elective classes for which you can enroll, but finding that out in a university or outside of the same is on to you

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

Daya hao!

I would like know further information about accommodation at Beida residence. People said me i must live with more students at room, but this question has worried my person. In this sense i would like someone about food, cause residence haven't dinning hall.

If someone could say me further i will be grateful for.