Chinese-Forums

HSK - 基础;2007-11-25

cliveloughlin

Hi guys

I have just arrived home after taking the Basic HSK test at Bei Yu. I have done about 10 practice tests and scored about 85% in every one but I thought that today's exam was REALLY difficult. The reading part was especially tough...not only could I not understand most of the answers that were given to the questions, I couldn't even understand some of the actual questions!!

Did anyone else take the exam today? If so, what did you think? Tougher than normal?

I'm hoping that everyone thought it was as bad as I did - maybe the scores for getting a 3 will be brought down a bit!!

Take care!

Cj

I also did the HSK BASIC today and agree that it was very difficult. It was a lot of totally new vocabulary that I had never encountered in any of the practice tests. I wonder what their goal was in increasing the level of difficulty this much.

In the practice tests, I always finished with time to spare but this time I found that I finished just on time with no time to spare for checking the Reading Comprehension section.

Meina

Same here!

Right down to the last second....maybe cos it was the last time they thought they would throw us off! Nightmare....

Anyone know the dates for the tests next year? I guess I'm going to have to resit! I can't find anything on their website about the timetable for the new exams in the spring.