Chinese-Forums

Chinese name for me?

Alleluia

I think you should go to China without a Chinese name.

I got given a Chinese name by my friends in China, which to me makes it very special. If you make any friends in China, they'll give you a Chinese name too, and it will be special to you.

My Chinese name is : bo2 wen4, meaning "profound" and "gentle" (I can't input Chinese on this machine. Maybe somebody else can write it properly for me...

I've heard Bowen is a popular name in Taiwan.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I'm still thinking about it. When I spent two months in Beijing this summer, I just used 安娜 because I hadn't made my mind yet and thought that it would work well just as a transliteration of my name, which it did, and I didn't make any lasting friends, so it doesn't matter if I change my name. I definately don't think I'll use 安娜 any more the next time I go to China. I'm beginning to like both 夏 and 桑 as surnames, so probably I'll choose either, and maybe just one character as a first name. 雅 and 娜 both sound nice. Definately not 桑娜 though, that sounds too much like sauna! :lol: Maybe 桑雅 or 夏娜... If anyone still has suggestions, I'd be more than happy to get some further advice!