Chinese-Forums

residence permit question

engrafted

AS has been said before, your Z-visa (now expired) and your Residence Permit and FEC are tied to the job you have now.

Leave that job and they all expire.

Any new school would have to get a new FEC and a new Residence Permit.

The FEC is tied to the school in question, when you quit you job that FEC gets canceled. You're supposed to give it back when you quit anyways, so I'm not sure why you think you need it to get another job. Read liuzhou's comment.

You just start the prcess over again, one thing you have to keep in mind, they are now starting to require a recommendation letter from your former employer (I don't know if this is new or has been on the books, or a Beijing thing?).

Liuzhou, Nomad, thanks. It was implied to me by my boss that I needed it for another job. That way she could keep it until my contract was up and, in a way, force me to stay at this school. But then she would probably fire me the day before my contract ended anyway so that she wouldn't have to give me the flight money. (She's done it to two teachers before me and I wouldn't be surprised.)

I've got all the information I need to make a wise decision. I can stick it out if I need to, or not. But now I won't make any stupid decisions now. Thanks for everything guys!