Chinese-Forums

Harry Potter - 哈利・波特 e-books

atitarev

Hi,

These are the links to "Harry Potter" e-books. As anybody can get an English version, so it's a good learning tool, even if you're no a Harry Potter fan.

EDIT:

[ LINKS REMOVED AS REQUESTED ]

Files WinRar, unpack to executables. I had to rename files, as the Chinese file names didn't work.

哈利・波特

第一章 幸存的男孩

住在四号普里怀特街的杜斯利先生及夫人,非常骄傲地宣称自己是十分正常的人。但是他们最不希望见到的就是任何奇怪或神秘故事中的人物,因为他们对此总是嗤之以鼻。

Dì-yī zhāng xìngcún de nánhái

Zhù zài sì hào Pǔlǐhuáitè jiē de Dùsīlì xiānsheng jí fūren,fēicháng jiāo'ào de xuānchēng zìjǐ shì shífēn zhèngcháng de rén. Dànshì tāmen zuì bù xīwàng jiàndào de jiùshì rènhé qíguài huò shénmì gùshi zhòngdì rénwù,yīnwèi tāmen duì cǐ zǒngshì chīzhīyǐbí. ...

Enjoy!

1604_thumb.attach

From the terms and conditions

• Pirated / Cracked material: Discussion of or links to pirated Chinese-learning material or cracked software is not permitted. Discussion of how to obtain general Chinese material (ie music, TV shows) for educational purposes is permitted, but not encouraged.

Nobody is going to start chasing us for linking to pirated copies of Chinese language books - we'd be about one millionth on the list, if there even is a list. If it's being posted because it's useful for studying, fair enough. That however, does not extend to anything specifically intended for Chinese learning such as textbooks, software, etc - we'd be a lot nearer the top of that list, and there's precious little decent stuff being produced anyway, so no need to discourage the producers from making any more.

Seems a bit too openly "pirate" to post direct d/l links to copywrited works directly in the forum

Seen the TV forum lately? :mrgreen:

I removed the links as requested.

You're welcome to put them back. Personally I'd have a quick look and see if you can find an online version though - I and I think most people would be wary of running random executables.

Restoring the links back. Yeah, I was wary about running executables. The person who gave me the links tried them first. At this moment they seem safe. Follow my quick instruction in the first post (un-Rar, rename). Also, it gave some warning first time I ran the file.

http://tinyurl.com/3yalte

http://tinyurl.com/2pufhl

http://tinyurl.com/2kn4hc

http://tinyurl.com/3xh79a

http://tinyurl.com/335oud

There are simple text files lying around with the same text but these books are done quite well! For the purpose of studying, I do convert the book to text, anyway (stuck on the first chapter :mrgreen: )

Also, unfortunately the translation of "The Philospher's Stone" is different from the one I bought in China Bookshop, both are from mainland China. Be aware of this, there are different versions!

Happy reading!

Just a warning abt executable Chinese e-books. A Chinese friend sent me the whole Duzhe 合订本 for 2005, which I was thrilled with because Duzhe is great for vocab building and I could just copy and paste it into NJStar for instant mouseover definitions. My AVG virus protection didn't detect anything at the time (maybe the virus definition wasn't in their system yet) but 6 months later AVG found a Trojan in it. I don't really understand what they were trying to infect my computer with or what their motivation would be, but I don't download executable Chinese ebooks anymore.

For anyone who, understandably enough, doesn't want to risk the .exe's, do a search on a chunk of the text atitarev has posted above - shouldn't be too hard to track down an online version which you can then copy and paste into whatever you want. Eg, here's one relatively ad free page.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Roddy.

However, there are some missing chapters there, i.e. these chapters are missing:

哈利波特和阿兹卡班囚徒 Chapter 6

哈利波特和火杯 Chapters 19-22

Also, the last book is missing - is it not yet published in Chinese?

Do you happen to know of any other websites where I can fill in the gaps?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, ti99er22, somehow I missed your post. Yes, I noticed that, we will need to feel the gap by searching using keywords. Otherwise, maybe type in a couple of chapters?

--

Guys, if you're still undecided, please see the attached files. As there are too many variants of the translation, this one seems to match the book (the official translation in mainland China), as per this link. There is also an incomplete vocabulary list.

I wonder if the electronic book (although in Jiantizi) I provided before matches the Taiwanese translation (I have seen it but couldn't compare)?

Harry Potter 1 - chapter 01 (matches book).doc

HP vocab (for printing).doc

Are you providing the same files I posted before or are they different? I am interested in the complete text but in the one that matches the official translation in mainland China. (as I said there are several versions).

In the official translation:

Privet drive is translated as 女贞路

Vernon Dursley: 弗农·德思礼

Dudley: 达力

etc.

Seems a bit too openly "pirate" to post direct d/l links to copywrited works directly in the forum

Seen the TV forum lately?

My understanding was that the Chinese TV shows on Youku are generally legal. No real source for that, beyond "someone told me" and Wikipedia, which states:

"Youku has partnered with a number of TV stations, film and TV production companies in China that regularly uploaded media content on the site."

However, it seemed plausible to me that once something has gone free to air in China, the value of the copyright is zero and the creators might as well try to get as much exposure as possible.

Does anyone know more?

Are you providing the same files I posted before or are they different? I am interested in the complete text but in the one that matches the official translation in mainland China. (as I said there are several versions).

今天有點空間. 把書檢查一下再給你我版本的消息.

待回見 :wink:

ok i've the taiwanese versions, and a chm's version of the 7th book in traditionnal and simplified chinese. I collected them from a friend who has downloaded them from a chinese man on a p2p network. So i don't know if it's pirate or not but they look very nice.

I don't past any link here because it would violate the forum's rules.