Chinese-Forums

SKYLEE: is she 色情 or 性感 ??

geek_frappa

SKYLEE: is she 色情 or 性感 ??  

1. 1. SKYLEE: is she 色情 or 性感 ??

• 性感
    • 色情

Frappa:

It seems you still need to fine tune your Chinese.

There is no such adjective as 色性 to describe girls.

To say sexy in Chinese, there are two terms:

性感 -- the kind of sex appeal that was radiated from Marilyn Monroe;

肉感 -- the kind of sex appeal that is radiated by Jennifer Lopez.

性感 -- the kind of sex appeal that was radiated from Marilyn Monroe;

肉感 -- the kind of sex appeal that is radiated by Jennifer Lopez.

do you even understand what you just typed? maybe you need a better example?? :conf

Some more fine tuning required. 色情 is not an adjective to describe the sexiness of girls.

I watched half dozens of movies of Marilyn Monroe and Jennifer Lopez each. Of course I can tell the difference between their sexiness.

肉感 is like Bud Light and 性感 is like XO Cognac.

If you want to describe a girl as horny or slut, you should use the word 姣

In Classical Chinese, 姣 means pretty or cunning. But by Song Dynasty (as witnessed in "Water Margin"), the meaning of 姣 has already been changed to slut.

If you are referring to a slut in her 30s or 40s, you describe them as 姣婆 in Cantonese (Don't know about Mandarin).

In Classical Chinese, 姣 means pretty or cunning. But by Song Dynasty (as witnessed in "Water Margin"), the meaning of 姣 has already been changed to slut.

ya! :D which is so interesting ... some words just carry so much meaning. like no caring parent would ever call their kids "Ximen" (Ximen Ching)

i am curious why every language has a way to classify women by their looks or behavior... i guess i am not wise enough to fully understand why this exist... :roll:

?

In Cantonese, if you describe that girl as extremely horny, you use the phrase 姣屍燉篤.

For flirting (m-->f or f-->m), you use the word 媾.

媾 is more often used in Classical Chinese which means either copulation or make peace. But in Mandarin it is seldom used. In Cantonese, it is widely used to refer flirting (probably the girls who say such word don't know its original meaning).

媾 is more often used in Classical Chinese which means either copulation or make peace. But in Mandarin it is seldom used. In Cantonese, it is widely used to refer flirting (probably the girls who say such word don't know its original meaning).

no, it's a common word in mandarin, 交媾(sexual intercourse),媾和(reach agreement).

其實佢今想話你喺鹹濕妹啊!~~~

边个喺鹹濕佬then? :mrgreen:

(yes, keep the discussion to vocabulary for "sexy"...) this is helping many people understand the difference... thanks. chinese learners are not taught this in class.

they are only taught how to MAI SHU and KAN BAO. :wink:

thanks for all the helpful posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure that jiao1 姣 means slut? I asked a friend from Taiwan and he said it just meant 'beautiful.' But then again, he does have a fairly sheltered life...

Btw, I thought xing4gan3de 性感的 would be another translation for sexy. However it sounds a little stilted, ya?