Chinese-Forums

Any good websites to listen to learn English? Free English version of 'Chinese Pod'?

Shadowdh

Hi there all,

I have seen a link for a site that is run in a chinese pod style but is for learners of english. I cannot for the life of me find the thread its on. I thought it was posted by the chinese pod people but havent found the right search terms yet... can anyone help me here...???

Maybe it is ESL Pod?:

http://www.eslpod.com/website/show_all.php

It seems like there are quite a few ESL listening sites on iTunes.

By the way, if your friends are Chinese people who are trying to improve their English-listening level, you might want to suggest putclub.com. That site has listenings from around the web. They also have a special slow English section:

http://www.putclub.com/

The BBC also has a very useful site for learners of English (and you can access it in China):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/

Thanks for the links all...

Imron... nope I didnt even think about doing that... DOH...!!! :oops: sigh... been working too hard is my only excuse...

Wushijiao... many thanks for the links... I will add that to my list of tools...

Roddy... it was indeed englishpod... but the other suggestions will come in handy for my friends...

Cheers all..

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BBC has plenty of English lessons, easy audio to listen to and easy video to watch. I don't know about VOA because it is not available in Beijing,

USA Today also has audio to download.

But these are good for supplemting English lessons, It is hard work exclusively learning from these

Dave's esl cafe has some good resources.

also genkienglish is a japanese site with good games

look for other Esl related sites also clipart on certain topics can give good material.

if you're really stuck I can tell you lesson plans and stuff, but you should be ok

have fun,

Simon:)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm helping a Chinese friend of mine learn to speak English and I keep suggesting that she listen and speak English every day (as I can't speak and correct her all of the time). So far she seems to have been doing it the very traditional Chinese way which is making extremely long lists of vocab without really speaking with or listening to English or American people....

I've tried to see if I can get stuff off of the BBC World Sevice but it doesn't seem to work, I'm assuming that it's because I am in Beijing...

Does anyone know of any 'English learning' websites (preferably free...) with either audio or video podcasts that are similar to ChinesePod i.e. simple conversations that a beginner could listen to and possibly read transcripts?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...