Chinese-Forums

Kung Fu Panda

Outofin

I moved this into Other Cultures and Languages as I couldn't bring myself to see this as qualifying under Chinese Film. Or is being set in China enough? Bearing in mind it's an animated movie? Debate :mrgreen:

Edit: Watched the trailer, looks pretty weak. Jack Black can be good value though . . .

I can't really tell if Kung Fu Panda would be a good one from its trailer. But I hold certain confidence in DreamWorks. Now I just discovered yet another hollywood made kung fu movie coming this summer.

http://forbiddenkingdommovie.com/

This one seems to mix some mythology in it. I haven't seen this style for a long time.

My screen is not big enough to view the panda site >_<

Now I just discovered yet another hollywood made kung fu movie coming this summer.

http://forbiddenkingdommovie.com/

This one seems to mix some mythology in it. I haven't seen this style for a long time.

Before clicking in, I thought is sth to do with the Qing dynasty forbidden city.Anyways.....

I saw Crystal Liu Yifei in the trailer (thank you outofin! )

I like Crystal, she is pretty. I am a bit conservatives about her look in this movie. I like her look in Chinese Paladin and The Return of the Condor Heroes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Go and see Kung Fu Panda now. Everyone. Yes, that's right, step away from your keyboards, and go to the cinema and watch this movie.

Loved it. The visuals are spectacular, there are plenty of good gags both verbal and physical, the training montage is the best since Rocky and while most of the voice actors appear to have telephoned in their performances Jack Black does a great fat panda. The mystical just-read-Joseph-Cambell journey of self-discovery thing is kept to a minimum and even then poked fun at, and the funnies are laid on thick and heavy.

Watched it in English with Chinese subtitles, the subtitles seemed to be pretty good. They missed a few gags, but there were so many it didn't really matter and the rest of the audience loved it - although I did hear one query as to whether it's right to make fun of a 国宝.

I watched it on the opening weekend and loved it. The action scenes exceeded my expectation. Tai Lung’s escape was awesome. It’s a good kung fu movie as well as a good comedy.

They are already talking about making a sequel. I would definitely like to see. There’s obviously lot of room to explore these characters. The movie is too short and barely touched the Furious Five, who all seems to have strong and interesting personalities. And, yeah, why does a panda has a duck dad?

Yeah, that escape sequence was fantastic.

I missed the first five minutes of the movie, so I'm not sure how clear it's made, but you're certainly meant to think he's adopted. When he and his duck dad are fleeing the village there's a bit where you think he's about to tell him about his true heritage - but he doesn't.

I reckon this one is worth forking out cinema money if possible, as it does rely a lot on big-screen-friendly whizzing about and there's a huge amount of detail in the animation. Also one part of the fun last night was that everyone in the cinema was enjoying it and laughing at the jokes.

It was pretty short (especially as I missed the first five minutes and the credits, which apparently are also worth watching) but that's not uncommon for animated features.

Oh, and because he's the Dragon Warrior.

what.............attractiveness is extra?

my girlfriend loved it, was so excited at how traditional it seemed, that it was more

chinese than the chinese......and how come the chinese can't make a film like this.

just don't ask about the samurai-ninja-chopstick fighting after the film............