Chinese-Forums

Kung Fu Panda

Outofin

Is there a Chinese version of this movie - voice in Chinese AND Chinese subtitles? I'd prefer to watch it at my keyboard.

There's certainly a dubbed version playing in Chinese cinemas. Whether it's available online or not I don't know.

There's certainly a dubbed version playing in Chinese cinemas. Whether it's available online or not I don't know.

Ok, that's what I was wondering. Maybe imron can find the Chinese voice-and-caption version online, or we have to wait for the captioned DVD to come out. We deaf Chinese learners need captions, you know....

The version imron linked to actually does have Chinese subtitles, but they are hard to read. You might want to try downloading a higher-resolution version, or indeed waiting for the DVD. If you even need to wait, I would imagine that in China they should be available already?

There are a couple of different versions of the subtitles - the one on the Youku link isn't the one we had at the cinema. Not sure what the Youku ones are like, but the cinema ones (where the panda is 阿宝, not whatever he is on Youku) are decent.

Decent Chinese captions (subtitles) and Chinese sound track are what I am looking for. Maybe I should wait for the DVD? Does the DVD come out the same time as the movie in China? In the US we have to wait a few months after the movie release. Meaning a lot of deaf people in the US have to wait a few months then buy the DVD with captions. Movie theaters in the US generally do not have captions.

Which flash ripper rips from youku? Not really interested in cartoon pandas, but been meaning to ask and since we are directed there once again . . . Viewing source doesn't give a flv or swf

-tyuped

• 4 weeks later...

the film is being shown only in dubbed copies around my country.......while they don't release its DVD, I won't watch it because I hate dubbed films.......

Lucy Liu is my Chinese goddess even though born in the US...

i saw this movie a week ago while in china. i thought it was brilliant. wonderful job by dreamworks. my girlfriend (chinese) kept telling me about it the whole time i was there until i finally saw it. she obviously loved it too. she did mention that a few chinese protested about the fact many were represented as pigs. though i didn't really get that considering there were rabbits and other animals too..

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't particularly impressed by this. The rendering was great and, as far as cartoons go, it was OK, but I found the story and the characters shallow, and basically a rehashing of all the stereotypical Karate-Kid ripoffs of the 80s and 90s. I didn't particularly care about the story or the characters.

This is a problem I have with most of Dreamworks movies (other than the wonderful Shrek series and the movies made by Aardman, like Chicken Run).

I guess I'm spoiled by Pixar movies, which speak to my soul, and which I love to bits and pieces.