Chinese-Forums

Sichuanese aka 四川话

dynaemu

Last quick note: I think it is weird that you two think it is the best sounding dialect, it is a very ruff, gruff, a 刺耳 dialect.

To me Mianyang accent (actually all the northern accents) is considered very soft. Come down to south (Yibin, Luzhou) and you will hear the real ruff, gruff and 刺耳 Sichuanhua... :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm guessing this has to do with melamine, but one doesn't need to be from Sichuan to figure that out. (I would never have guessed the actual song title, since I don't know the song.)

Whoa, you actually did attempt this question, quite a surprise to me (coz it seems like 四川话 is not really considered a dialect after all and very few people except for those who live there care about it...). :)

As for why the answer, it's not really about the melamine stuff, and I think I posted the question before the scandal broke out (maybe more than just a scandal now). Well, 无言 is obviously referring to 哑巴, and 结局 is in fact a pun coz it sounds like "sucking" in 四川话 (but not in all variations I think), and therefore "无言的结局". I have to say it's pretty lame but really gave me a good laugh when I first heard it.