Chinese-Forums

Tibet

Ian_Lee

How come the hottest and most sensitive topic is scantily mentioned in this forum?

Since so many times has this topic been discussed in other forums, I just raise some interesting questions here:

(1) Would it be possible that the 17th Karmapa Lama who fled China is actually a mole sent by Beijing judged by the events in the exile community after he arrived?

(2) Will the Qinghai-Tibet Railway be really operational? A huge section will be built on glacier and oxygen mask is supplied in case of medical emergency. It looks like the train running in Swiss Alps except that the duration is much longer.

(3) Regarding Qinghai/Amdo region, was it a region administered by Lhasa all along or was it indeed an integral part of China since mid-Qing?

• 5 weeks later...

Wonder how the Qinghai-Tibet Railway can be built on frozen ice 4,000 meters above sea level. I heard engineers at the site also have to take into account the effects of global warming on the railway construction, since rising temperatures in the area have slowly eroded the frozen earth.

The project is quite a technical problem, I had watched a TV program

descriped it in not very detail, it sounds reasonable although i'm not

majored in it. Well, such a big project which costs lots money won't be

treated as a child game. :D

• 3 weeks later...

The Swiss had no problem in building railroad tunnel up to the 11,000-ft high Jungfrau Glacier.

So there should also be no problem for the construction of Tibet-Qinghai Railway which is built on 3,000 meter high plateau if Chinese are as technologically savvy as the Swiss.