Chinese-Forums

Language of Xian

Jovey

I thought I asked you guys about this in another forum post ?
Not on this forum, which is why perhaps we are perhaps a little confused by what it is that you are trying to do. So far it would seem you've only posted in this thread and in the thread regarding Chinese names.

Ok, I didn't, then, well I was going to ask you if there were other such claims, but it is possible that the transfer service and the web site might be making money on me and she doesn't have any knowledge of this. But I will say that some of the ladies appear to be model-esque, and therefore would or might be working for the agency, who knows ?

The girl I'm with, seems genuine and would have to be an experienced con to be as kindly mannered and considerate as she seems to be, I would be very surprised is she were conning, but then again life is full of surprises! There are many such stories, and when you can not meet someone, they say they can not speak English or use e-mail, you can not help but consider such things.

Any way I have the language support that was pre-installed with windows xp, but I do not have it working, I have the instructions from;

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

But I can't get it to work right, it is not translating the characters I write

into understandable English words when I translate them using the on-line language tool ?

I'll fool around with it find out what I'm doing wrong if possible.

Does the service you are using have a website? Could you post the address here so we can have a look what it is?

In any case, if I were you I would stop spending money on this. If you have good contact with your Xi'an friend, ask her for her email, address or phone number, and keep in touch without the agency. If she doesn't give any of these, you know she was in on the trick and they were just making money off you.

If you want to contact Chinese women, there are plenty of them that can be found without using strange translation services, and that can write in English.

Lu,

That is exactly what I didn't want to hear but, I'll give you the web site,

let me send it to you in a PM. OK, Then well see if it is really, really, a scam and where sure then maybe we can go public.

BTW about what I am trying to get working and maybe I should post on another Section of this forum,

I'm not sure that it pasted right the last time ?

So, here it is, it is installed on my wxp, in the control panel.

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

The girl I'm with, seems genuine and would have to be an experienced con to be as kindly mannered and considerate as she seems to be, I would be very surprised is she were conning, but then again life is full of surprises! There are many such stories, and when you can not meet someone, they say they can not speak English or use e-mail, you can not help but consider such things.

How do you know it's not a man who's pretending to be a girl? You are only communicating by email, right?

I'm not sure that it pasted right the last time ? So, here it is, it is installed on my wxp, in the control panel.
You pasted it correctly, but you didn't really mention what the problem was. You'll have to be a bit more specific than saying "it doesn't work correctly" if you want us to be able to help identifying the problem. What wasn't working correctly? What did you expect to have happen when you started typing with it? What actually happened etc.
they say they can not speak English or use e-mail,
I am highly skeptical that someone could use the Internet and this website, but then not know how to use email.

Expat Observer,

I can do that OK, it isn't the problem, but it was interesting for you to come along and offer your help ?

Imron, I'll get to that I said; "let me fool around with it a little bit and I'll get back to you"

gato, Don't say that ! Don't even dream it !

Lu, What did you find out ?

I took a look at the website. It says it's about making friends, but it is actually clearly about men meeting women from less-rich countries (Russia, Belarus, China). The women are, according to their profile, not looking for friends but for boyfriends. So far so good.

The site has a translation service, it says, so that people who don't understand each other's language can still contact each other. This is, however, only practical if all you want is an email-like contact. If you would actually want to date or marry the woman in question, this would inevitably involve either party traveling halfway across the world, and when both do meet they will have no means of communication.

Then one tricky part: if you pay for translation you can send translated messages, if you pay for an account you can send untranslated messages. So either the woman you correspond with won't be able to read it then, or she was able to read English all the time, so why did you have to pay for translation.

Jovey, unless you believe the Xi'an lady is the one and only for you, I suggest you find a dating website that is less tricky, and that offers contact with women who know English. There are plenty of websites out there that are free to use.

Also, if you have your mind set on getting a girlfriend from a less-rich country, try to find out at an early stage if she likes you for you, or likes your money and/or passport and is only with you for those.