Chinese-Forums

Where to watch F1 in beijing or tianjin?

BaoMiHua

Does anybody know any good sport bars or such to watch F1 (Formula one) in Beijing or Tianjin? Preferably showing from a channel with english commentators, but just chinese is ok too.

The races I'm most interested to watch are Australia on 16th of March and Malaysia on 23th of March..

After lurking on this site for a loooong time, this is the closest to chinese related question

I can come up with :wink:

Always good to see a lurker put their head up above the parapet . . .

In Beijing I think the Goose and Duck shows sports events. Not sure if they actually have the F1, but might be a place to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, looks like F1 is not favorite past time for people on this site...

Anyways, I heard that Xi'an is the F1 racing capital of china, so i will be heading there next weekend, anybody know any sports bars or such there for some F1 action?

And thanks to Roddy for the best suggestion so far, I'll be checking that out maybe for the malaysian race..

(ok ok, so i didn't hear Xi'an is F1 capital of china, but anyway thats where I'll be :wink:)

F1 does not as popular as abroad in china,even it is one of the first three famous sport games. So,sometimes,CCTV does not broadcast this show on schedule.Wherever you go to watch the game,you'd better make sure the broadcasting schedule and the channel.

xuechengfeng, the Shanghai race isn't until october 19th, long wait for that still..

cdn_in_bj, its nice to watch live race every now and then, but i maybe enjoy more from tv, you get to see more, weather doesn't matter and usually the service is better :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

In Tianjin, Hank's is usually the best place to catch sports games. Alibaba's also has a fair amount of sports games showing, and they'll usually let you set what you watch, but you'll be jostling for position if it's at night.