Chinese-Forums

BLCU: Fall / Summer 08'

George---

Still considering BLCU at the moment.. a bit worried about the accommodation side though.

I've been looking at classifieds, but a lot of them are actually focusing on accommodation for the olympics...

Any suggestions on how to conduct accomodation searches more efficiently?

TIA!

just out of curiosity, did any of you guys had problems applying?

because i sent all the documents and i hvent received a response, i have a friend there too and shes askin for me but she told me they didnt have a notice yet...

i applied for jun 26 2008 term which is 4 weeks and after that i was thinkin to app 4 weeks and mayb after that a semester..

i sent those at march 23 or close to that date so its not really late or close to deadline application anyways...

Hi eddie9684,

I applied for July, 10 course (6 weeks), and I sent my documnts in the beginning of March.., and they sent me back theirs on March, 21. Maybe you should contact them to know if they have received your documents...

You wouldn't believe how things in here are getting crazy these days. Because of this "olympi-craze" rents are getting higher and rules are getting tighter by the minute.

I've been here in Beijing for more than a year now. I'm taking up a 2-year diploma course at BLCU. I'm on my third semester right now and I'm quite satisfied with BLCU's curriculum. I bet you are all excited for this year's fall term. I just want to welcome you guys in advance. If there's anything i can do to help or you're interested in making new friends, just email me at iya.torres[at]yahoo.com[/font]

Hi Stabiloboss,

Thanks for your kind welcome, at least 3 of us in this thread gonna be there for this fall semester and would love to make more new friends, hope to see you there soon :)

We r still searching for houses info, any advice if you would like to share, we do very appreciate.

Cheers,

hey!! who's definitely going to beijing for Fall 2008??

i'll also be in beijing to study there although i will be studying in university of international business and trade. beijing is such an amazing city so im quite excited. we can arrange a meet up or something if we all will be in beijing at that time.

amy

Hi guys,

Iam going there for Fall semester, I already sent all docs n paid the application fee 2 weeks ago. Iam waiting for them to send me the acceptance n form for visa. I have a friend there now to look for an apartment for me, and I am coming end of Aug to advoid Opympic as things r getting crazily expensive. Shall we arrange to meet up, who comes for Sept one? Would be nice!

Cheers,

hey guys!

it's getting hot here in beijing, so those who are coming for the summer course, take note of this: if turning into a peking roast duck is not part of your to-do list, make sure you're ready with sunblock, cotton tees, flipflops and nalgene bottles. they can be real lifesavers. :)

too bad i'm not gonna be able to meet you guys since i'm going home for summer break. i'll be back in beijing by the end of august for the fall term.

for those who wanna keep in touch, my email is: iya.torres[at]yahoo.com

cheers!

I'm going in September for the 12 week 30-hour course. I'll probably be in the A class as I just started learning a month ago or so. Does anybody know the structure of the classes on a day to day basis? Is it pin-yin, writing etc? I really haven't found anything yet so any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Aimee,

I'm Hanna, and i'm a 19 years old Indonesian girl.

This July 2008 i will start learning Chinese at BLCU. I chose the short term program (intensive courses) from July 10th - August 20. Do you study there too?

I'm wondering if I'll be alone in the campus, or if there are other guys/girls on this forum who happened to have the same idea as me! :help

I just want to find friends who will start the short term program like me.

Sorry Aimee, can you help me?

This will be my first time going to China and i'm a bit scared and worry :cry:

Please reply soon.

Or can you can send me email. My email address is GALAXYANDROMEDA@PLASA.COM

Thank you...

Ok, we had BLCU Summer / Fall 08 posts all mixed up over two topics, in with a whole load of accommodation stuff. I've merged them.

2008 BLCU Students, I don't know if I said this earlier, but I'm going to say it again.

1) Welcome to the forums. This site is probably the biggest single source of information about BLCU you'll find. Keep reading to find out how to use it.

2) READ. Every year since 2003 or 2004 there have been similar topics like this. There is a huge amount of information in them. Eg: Summer 2007, Spring 2007 and the vital BLCU accommodation topic - so fantastic that when you search Google for 'BLCU' it actually ranks higher than BLCU's own site. Please don't post in here saying 'OMG I don't know what's happening' - take some time to figure it out.

3) SEARCH. Anything you need to know has almost certainly been answered before. Use the search function on this site, and also Google. If you don't find your answer, then post. Questions like "I am wondering, do they require lot of documents? " are answered on BLCU's own site.

4) Stick around. Don't just post your email address and hope - keep visiting the site, ask and answer questions, and get involved outside of the BLCU topics. There's a lot here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I will be getting to Beijing on July 29th. Hopefully we can all meet up! I just received my visa application about two weeks ago, so I will be sending it to the consulate very soon. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. My email is barrows.m@gmail.com. Also, there is a Facebook site for the 2008-2009 class for anyone interested in joining. -Melissa:)