Chinese-Forums

The Grand First Episode Project. . .

roddy

I don't see why we couldn't throw in a documentary or two, especially if it's good.

Outofin did a good job writing up 北京记忆, if nobody minds, we can make a first episode thread out of it.

Here is a shortlist of episodes I've downloadid and which I plan to go through in the near future:

特警出击: 2007 Hong Kong special police show. Bad dubbing.

emule youku tudou

软弱 Miss Irresistable meets Mr. Irresistable. But he's married to her sister. Uh-oh.

emule tudou youku

恶作剧之吻 We haven't had an anime-based Taiwanese schoolgirl drama recently :wink: I'll probably regret this... :help

tudou youku emule

重案六组 A modern police show. Regular coppers, not super agents.

ku6 youku emule

给我一支烟 Young succesful guy is after a girl, her friend is after him, she was hurt once, there's night clubbing. Could be interesting, or it could be terrible, any bets?

tudou 56.com cctv youku - emule small - emule big

These are all from the TV show recommendation thread, there were other interesting ones, but they are virtually impossible to find nowadays.

In the meantime, I've been cleaning up the First Episode threads a bit, making sure all threads have proper links, etc. This was especially important for 奋斗.

Edited by renzhe

We haven't had an anime-based Taiwanese schoolgirl drama recently I'll probably regret this...

I'm starting to feel like I really don't know you anymore renzhe :roll:

Young succesful guy is after a girl, her friend is after him, she was hurt once, there's night clubbing. Could be interesting, or it could be terrible, any bets?

A beer says it's terrible. Any other takers?

I'm starting to feel like I really don't know you anymore renzhe

It seems like all popular Taiwanese shows are like that. Do they make any other type of show? :conf

A beer says it's terrible. Any other takers?

I made a quick scan through it, and it looked like it could be interesting. My summary is, admittedly, terrible. Looks like a love drama, but less youthful than Fendou and friends, and a bit more edgy.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking for new first episodes, how about 半生缘? I haven't seen it myself but I read the 张爱玲 novel it is based on after hearing how great the TV series was.

Got a link?

It sounds interesting, but I found the last series based on 张爱玲 a bit disappointing.

From the ones you haven't seen, I'd recommend 潜伏.

I won't have time to join you until later in the evening, which will be deep night for you. Otherwise, we could watch the Blue Files, which I haven't seen yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob07

If you are looking for new first episodes, how about 半生缘? I haven't seen it myself but I read the 张爱玲 novel it is based on after hearing how great the TV series was.

Got a link?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/pDx6K3axyiU/

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FC65q1gjneE/

Houston, we have a problem.

Looks like I've hit the maximum character limit with the first post. Which means I can't add new shows to the summary without severe gymnastics.

Is there a way to get around this? Either by increasing the maximum length for that post, or by somehow inserting a second post right after it?

Or should I rudely take over roddy's post #2 in this thread and use it for my evil plans? (read: continue with the list of shows in roddy's post)

• 2 weeks later...

恶作剧之吻 is up. Muyongshi won't be watching it, but perhaps somebody will, these schoolgirl manga things seem to be insanely popular for some reason.

On a different note, I've found a bunch (well, a couple) of English subtitle links for some of the shows, namely:

美味关系

野蛮奶奶

天龙八部

我的青春谁作主

微笑Pasta

I've added them to the corresponding shows, it might be useful to somebody.

renzhe and everyone, I really appreciate all your hard work! Very admirable. Thank you guys.

Depending on whether or not I have success with an exercise I would like to try, I myself will probably be contributing to the scripting of《奋斗》.

HJ