Chinese-Forums

The Grand First Episode Project. . .

roddy

I was not expecting much from the second season, but I really liked this first episode, had quite a few laughs. Seems to be worth watching some more episodes...

BTW, I noticed that 唐悠悠 was wearing 军大衣 in that scene, when she tried to convince the director. It seems to be quite popular with shooting crew members - more than half of our crew was wearing the exact same outfit (me included :mrgreen:) when shooting the outside scenes...

• 2 months later...

I just finished watching 沉默的证人 (also called 死亡日记). It is by the same director as 潜伏 and 迷雾, so if you liked them, you might also like this. It's a murder mystery cop show thriller. The plot centers around a string of serial murders. It started out a bit slow, but it pulled me in after a while. Some of the episodes near the end were a bit erratic, but the quality more or less holds up throughout the whole show. I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe slightly off topic, but I came across this (source)

"No more time-travel drama", authority says it disrespects history

The authority’s decision was made on the Television Director Committee Meeting on April 1st. – but obviously it’s not a prank to fans of the drama genre. The authority has a good reason to go against the genre. "The time-travel drama is becoming a hot theme for TV and films. But its content and the exaggerated performance style are questionable. Many stories are totally made-up and are made to strain for an effect of novelty. The producers and writers are treating the serious history in a frivolous way, which should by no means be encouraged anymore."

I hope this won't decrease the number of shows in the project! I was planning on watching some of 魔幻手机 this year, but at least that's already made.

"Many stories are totally made-up"

That's great.

Has anyone watched 神话 (The Myth) mentioned in the article? I was thinking of giving it a go, but I think it is about 50 episodes, so not sure if it is worth it.

• 2 months later...

I ended up watching 神话. I would start a proper thread on it, but I honestly can't recommend it. It drags during much of the middle of the series and the ending is terrible. All the same, I watched the whole thing, so it must have done something right. Basically, you get about 20 episodes of adventuring in the past, then the rest of the series is about (rather dull) political maneuvering at the end of the 秦 dynasty. Attached is a slowly seeded torrent if anyone wants to download. Streaming links from cababunga above.

神话_torrent.zip

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I'm butting in or if this has been talked about before, but does anyone have a schedule for times and channels for when these programs broadcast? I'm in Sichuan Province but I guess it shouldn't matter too much because of the one time zone.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi, i was surfing the net about chinese tv series and i just randomly saw this forum. Then i became a member of the forum just to thank renzhe for his post number 145 in this topic, where he gives intermediate, advanced etc. ratings for chinese tv series. No need to approve this message. I couldn't find a way to send a direct message, so just make sure he knows i am thankful! Thank you renzhe!

• Like 1