Chinese-Forums

Shanghai / HK round-trip train ticket

xuechengfeng

I want to a round-trip train ticket to HK from Shanghai, as the title would indicate. :mrgreen: On the MTR website, that ticket says it should cost 660 HK for a soft sleeper. I'm curious, if I buy that ticket in Shanghai, is it going to be a similar cost, or will it be more?

Also, I've seen a couple of are there gyms in _________ city questions. What's the best way to find a gym and do most of them have reasonable one-time usage rates? I usually go about 4 times a week in the States and I'd like to keep that up. Most US gyms are around 10-15 USD for one-time usage, but generally, they are much nicer than gyms I've been to in China.

Shop around.

I managed to get round-trip tickets to Hong Kong from Beijing for just 1800 tax included.

By air.:mrgreen:

I ended up going into Shenzhen because of a scheduling issue for the same price.

• 2 weeks later...
I sure wish that China would get it's business all in order sometime in the future. Since Hong Kong went back to being Chinese property in 1997, it baffles me how one would consider it "international."

Because of the double border, which was set up to prevent HK from being swamped by mainlanders. When China becomes as prosperous as HK and offers the same opportunities and benefits, then I guess this will no longer be an issue. But there may be worse visa issues for US citizens (I don’t know about other countries). For example, I can presently stay in HK for 3 months without a visa, just as I can with all normal countries. Pity to lose that. Also, what would become of the HK run to renew the China visa? Where to run then and at what cost? So, be careful what you wish for.