Chinese-Forums

Comparison of free online Chinese video language lessons

chairman_tap

Hey guys I was wondering what you guys thought about the free video lessons you can find on websites such as youtube.

I put together a review and video of four of the more popular free Chinese language lesson videos (Ask Benny, Active Chinese, Easy Chinese, and Mandarin Tube). Have you guys used these videos in your studies? And if so which did you guys like? Or are there some other ones which you think are pretty good?

The review is just my take on these videos...but I wanted to hear what you guys thought about these free videos. Do you think you can learn Chinese by just watching these? (I guess if you were really lazy...)

I find the following free sites to be most useful:

DEAD LINK REMOVED - mostly pop music but it's linked with music videos on youtube as well as having lyric sheets in English, pinyin, and characters

www.chinesepod.com - over 500 podcast lessons broadcasted from Shanghai

www.myhappyplanet.com - a site that has some good videos if you haven't developed too far but the pen-pal service is the best

• 12 years later...
On 4/3/2008 at 1:20 AM, leather_strap said:

DEAD LINK REMOVED

This redirected me to some strange website. My Chinese isn't very good yet but I can tell from the pictures that it's definitely not Learning Chinese through music anymore!