Chinese-Forums

Chinese Business license - is it real, how to verify and avoid scams

bredondale

• 2 weeks later...

Hello-

I have read through your posts here and tried to check a business license I received. Is there any way someone would mind taking a moment to look at it?

Here is the link:

http://geocities.com/briarsiljander/business_license.jpg

Here is contact info:

HK Trust Electronic Co., Ltd

ADD : 3rd Floor No.9 building , kengzhi big industrial ,Baoan District , Shenzhen , China

Email : trustelectronic68@gmail.com

MSN : trustelectronic68@hotmail.com

TEL :86-755-89748723 Mobile : 86-15889758156

Thank you for your time and help!

The business license appears legitimate, however I think it's for a different company :mrgreen:

Checking the business registration number here, returned the name 深圳龙安天下电子有限公司, which is the same company registered on the license (so far so good), however it appears to be different from the company you provided. A quick google search for the company on the business license returns their website here, which lists their name as Shenzhen Long Safeguard World Electronic. The site also lists a different physical address, contact phone numbers and email address than the ones you posted above.

Basically, I would guess that someone who is looking to scam you (probably by claiming to be able to sell you electronic products at unbelievably cheap prices) has simply provided you with the business registration information of another company, figuring that you'll never be able to tell the difference.

The key word to take from the above paragraph is unbelievably. If something seems to good to be true, it probably is, as that's how con artists sucker people into parting with their money.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to check if this business license was real. I have compared it to images on Google and they look the same, different numbers on the license but as I am unable to read Chinese, I am not sure if this is legitimate.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2085113&id=12725486&saved#/photo.php?pid=37952511&id=12725486

Thanks.

It is a legitimate business license, see here and enter the business registration number (440306103435428) for verification. However, the question then becomes, is the person that sent you the picture working for this company, or did they just send you a picture of the business license of some other random company.

The company on the business license is 深圳市龙飞跃电子有限公司 - Shenzhen Longfeiyue Electronics, and they sell integrated circuits. Their website is here. Their address is Huakang Building, 109 West Zhenxing Rd, Futian District, Shenzhen, and their contact phone number is: +86 (0) 755-28194469.

If you have a read of the above thread, you'll realise that scams are incredibly common and that even if the information you were given is the same as what I mentioned above, it's still best to exercise a large degree of caution (including contacting the company via the above information and confirming that the person you are talking with works for the company etc).

Also bear in mind that if you are looking to buy cheap electronics well below the usual cost, or something else that seems too good to be true, then you are almost certainly being scammed.

Thank you for your quick response. I have one more question. I have come in contact with another "company" that I wanted to make sure was legitimate, or at least a real company established in their stated location.

Chaoyue Co., Ltd

zhongshan, fuzhou, fujian, China

Tel:0086-591-88625376 Fax:0086-591-88625387

Thank you for your help,

Robert Clark

You might want to provide a bit more information than that e.g. what the business actually does or a more specific address (i.e. a street address rather than just a city).

Anyway, there is a Chaoyue Group that is based in Fujian. They make sports clothing.

Their website is here:

http://www.chaoyuegroup.com.cn/

Phone: +86 (0) 595-28058551

Fax: +86 (0) 595-22598058

Email: chaoyue@chaoyuegroup.com.cn

There might well be other Chaoyue companies in Fujian because there are a number of different Chinese characters that could be romanized as "chaoyue", but without more specific information it's difficult to tell.

The wholesaler that I was speaking with was involved with Consumer Electronics. I wanted to check if the company was legitimate before doing any business. I have also requested their business license and their business identification number, hours of operation, and some other information. Thanks for the quick response.

The Wii retails for $250. $150 is a 40% discount off that price, which to me seems significant. This page seems to believe the wholesale price for a Wii is around $200, so at $150, that would be 25% cheaper than the wholesale price. I'm not even sure that Wiis are officially even sold in China (there are plenty of grey market imports from Japan and Korea however) and if that's the case I can't imagine that there would be any sort of legitimate distribution channels. Could be wrong on this though.

Anyway, there are plenty of legitimate electronics wholesalers, you can recognise them because they will accept letters of credit (which guarantee payment if the conditions of the letter of credit are met), and they usually also require that you purchase in bulk. If you are just looking to purchase small quantities of name brand electronics, and the company asks you to pay via western union or to a personal bank account (rather than a bank account in the name of the company, which is the same as the name on their business license, which you can verify as legitimate from the local admistration of industry and commerce) then be very careful.

Edit: Haha, roddy, you took the words right from my mouth.

Edited by imron

They actually take payment by PayPal which was why I thought that they might be more legitimate than the other companies that I had come across. At least this way if I pay with PayPal I have buyer protection through them and if I use my AMEX card I have even more protection if I do not receive the products as I found out by calling both companies yesterday.