Chinese-Forums

CD + book for intermediate level - 把自己激励成超人

Long Pan

Those who live in China must have notice the increasing number of DVD / CD / books on methods about how to succeed in life. Looking for materials to improve my listening skills (intermediate level), I have tried one of them which has the advantage to have a CD + a book with the exact transcription. It is called 把自己激励成超人. Although the content is a bit simplistic (but what could we expect more ?), I find great fun to listen to it in Chinese. The guy speaks pretty fast but the language is quite simple and the book helps to follow. You'll find it in any book-shop.

Not the 标准普通话 of ChinesePod and much faster. But the vocabulary is relatively simple, which means that once you get the rythm + the help of the book, you'll get it easily (I am HSK5 to give you an idea).

In the same topic (learn Chinese by listening real contents, not contents done for foreigners) there are many 10 块钱 VCD on various subjects also linked to management (how to hold a meeting; how to improve your presentation skills, how to invest and also a series about MBA) with subtitles (just mind that at the back of the VCD you get the 中文字幕 because some of them do not have subtitles). Different accents, different rythms, like in real life, isn't it ?

• 3 weeks later...

In fact the guy doing this CD (name 陈安之) is a former student of Tony Robbins. Which is certainly why,

, he speaks quite energetically. However listening to him in the last weeks I see 2 advantages.

1. First it improves my listening skills on fast contents. I could see the difference buying another CD from the guy more or less about same topic. The speed isn’t now much a problem.
  2. Second advantage linked to the content: as it is all about self motivation to achieve great goals, you can easily
    reflect what your hear about your ambition in Chinese. I must admit that it helps me to give more.