Chinese-Forums

I found a mysterious note

davidsweden

I was served Scottish mineral water which they had carried all the way from the UK to HK so that I could enjoy it on the way back.

mineral water is horse of another color. That is a commodity. The cardbox the airlines serve meal with can be tranported unfolded before packing the food, which can save a lot of freight or space for carrying.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

oh wow! oh wow! i almost keeled over and died just now!

did i ever mention how much i love this place?

Me too! Of the three years I've been on this forum, this has got to be the best thread I've seen. And what makes it so funny is the handwriting is really really good.

• 1 month later...

Could someone type in the character used in this note for "breasts"? I don't recognize it. Looks a bit like 波, but I don't think that's it. I'm taking a flight to Asia later this month, and I'm worried that I might need to know this word during the meals....

No no no, don't worry. I wasn't thinking of, if chicken is a meal option, saying something like 我需要你的波子. I'm too old to think that's funny. [Ask me 20 years ago.....]

I just want to ensure, based on davidsweden's experience, that I understand any "extras" that come with my meals.

BTW, thanks for that explanation link.

renzhe: ummmm, no. No review. My wife is not going to be with me on the flight, and while I'm pretty sure my meal will be 波-free, and it's not as if she reads this forum, I'm taking no changes.

extrapages: this is the first time I saw this thread; don't know how I managed to miss it! Thanks to Lu over in a different thread for this link, it made my day. Personally, I think we should reference this thread as much as possible in other threads....

yeah, infact you really only need to use the character 波 when ordering if you are ordering boba naicha (milk tea with those black tapioca pearls)...but not necessarily in China..that will cause some laughs...yeah, its probably just safer to stick to saying zhenzhu naicha :mrgreen:...

Personally, I think we should reference this thread as much as possible in other threads....

couldn't agree more

• 3 years later...

I have to revive this thread... sorry... you're welcome???

ANYWAY I think we SHOULD have a caption contest for this...

also, can someone transcribe this into text?

Also I would like to hear about the differences in vocal-slang culture, since a lot of things sound perverted when translated to English, while some things are, when thought in Chinese context, clever and witty... I'm too much of a beginner to know what is considered "perverted" or "vulgar"