Chinese-Forums

Free Chinese Textbooks! No catch!

roddy

I'm not entirely sure either. Maybe that's just how they've got their computer system set up to make keying easier?

Anyway, another update: The other package Elina sent out arrived today. That only took like 10 weeks to arrive. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. Probably donate them to the University Language Learning Centre or something.

FedEx company has its own delivery teams in different countries, which can almost efficiently make sure to send the packages on time, so that they have shipping time limit and would give some compensation in case exceeding the time limit, if there’s no 清关延误/Customs Clearance Delay.

It’s said if a package is lost finally, China Post will pay for the loss. But if the arriving time of a package is just more than the time limit, China Post would not give the compensation, since there’re some uncertainties (for example: postmen strike, etc. ) and foreign postal organizations are also involved in the whole delivery process. Hence China Post would not take the responsibility for the package delay. From May 27 till today, it takes 11 weeks for Ipsi()’s first package sent by seamail to get to the destination, which is almost the time limit for a package to USA or Europe. And Atitarev also wrote to us informing he got his first package sent by SAL. I think we will change the shipping time limit longer on our site.

Regarding the extra free books, since the postage is more expensive than the books price, personally I think ideally they would be given to someone who also could write some book’s review on this forum. Failing that, just give them to someone who need them, it’s nice to make some contribution to the 对外汉语教学事业.:wink:

Ok, I've just done a quick check to try and figure out who's got their books and done their reviews. Please note I haven't been keeping such a close eye on the forums lately, so if I've missed anything point it out.

stephanhodges - received

mirgcire - received - ?

realmayo - received - ?

atitarev - received - written

scoobyqueen - received -

ipsi - received (twice!) - 1 review

mamba9 - received - ?

cdn_in_bj - received

shadowdh - received - ?

simonlaing - received -

xtenhome - received - written 1 2

luobot - received - written

newyorkeric - received

Edited by roddy
i before e

CDN_in_bj received the book on May 28 (No. 57 post here)

Ipsi() wrote a quick review for one of the two books on the first day he received them.

The following people have received their free books early or late in June, according to their PM/emails to me, I just forgot to respectively inform to Roddy (maybe next time, it’s better to directly post the receiving messages on this forums):

Stephanhodges

Scoobyqueen: she said only one free book of NPCR: New Practical Chinese Reader Textbook (1) without the CD and workbook, the review would be a little incompletely, then she purchased: 4 CDs: New Practical Chinese Reader Textbook (1), New Practical Chinese Reader Workbook (1), 2 CDs: New Practical Chinese Reader Workbook (1). And when her friend come to Beijing, we delivered the products to her on July 18.

Simonlaing

Newyorkeric

• 3 weeks later...

Where again are we posting reviews? I haven't visited this site in a while and I feel like I missed something. I have a "first impressions" of one of the books, which I am using for the 3rd year Chinese class in the US. I want to add to my first impressions with the students' reactions to the texts, as well as how usable it was in the class.

• 2 weeks later...

would be nice if i could get these

i am a student in london and would like to reccommend them to other students if they are good.

Chinese Breeze Graded Reader Series: Wrong, wrong, wrong! + MP3

汉语风中文分级系列读物:错,错,错!(附MP3)

Graded Chinese Reader 1: Selected, Abridged Chinese Contemporary Short Stories+MP3

汉语分级阅读 1(附MP3)

cheers Mo

• 3 weeks later...