Chinese-Forums

Guangdong University of Foreign Studies or SISU (SHANGHAI)

arucard_esp

Hello all of you!

I'm a spanish student and my university offered me a scholarship to go to the Shanghai International Student University (SISU) or the Guangdong University of Foreign Studies for one year, to get introduced into the Chinese culture and learn the language.

I'm totally new to the chinese culture and i would like to know if you people could tell me about lifestyles in each city and which university you would choose.

I'm thinking about the SISU since I'm really atracted to the financial industry and I like the citylife.

I hope you can help me out!

Thank you very much in advance!!! Adios!!!!

Hi...

My name is Brian.. I am at SISU 3 times a week and I will tell you it is a fantastic school.. its in the heart of Shanghai and is close to all the major spots in Shanghai. I work at the University as an English teacher.. but I live in a nearby town called Suzhou. Guangzhou is nice.. but its soooooo HOT there... Shanghai has its high temps.. but not nearly as HOT as Guangzhou. Girls are plentiful and site-seeing is an easy 15 minute walk... I'm not sure what your major is.. but you shouldn't have any trouble making some great friends at SISU....

Enjoy China

Brian

Thank you so much for your answer!

I'm thinking indeed of SISU they told me they are very good teaching Chinese and i think the city offers a lot more for me...

Also we would visit the stock exchange of shanghai and i like very much the financial markets!