Chinese-Forums

Anyone studying at Peking University (Beida) - Fall 2008?

fransiska_wiyon

Facebook isn't blocked. Multiply appears to be, however it is trivial to bypass any Internet blocking e.g. by using a VPN, like Witopia.* See this thread for more info and other options.

All that aside, please try to keep discussion on topic, rather than going off on a tangent halfway through. There are other threads for discussing those tangents if you wish.

*Disclosure: Chinese-forums is a Witopia affiliate. If you use that link to make a purchase, then for less than 1 RMB a day you not only get a fully-functional VPN which will solve all blocking issues within China, you also drop a few coins in the forums' coffers.

Thanks again for the info

Randy, is that a shared apartment or single occupant? It sounds like what i've been looking for.. close and convenient. :mrgreen: have you made arrangement yet?

Siska, you'll be going to Beijing. Have a safe trip and pleasant flight there.

Imron, what do you do between your time at Beida and now? Did you initially come to beijing to study too? Which country do you come from? You seem to be quite comfortably at "home" in Beijing. I'm merely curious with your experience :) Pardon me if the questions are inappropriate.

I know i'll be studying language at Beida but i really don't know what else to expect from my stay in Beijing. Nervous and excited at the same time !

I'm originally from Australia. Initially I came to China ostensibly to teach English, but really to just see what the place was like. After a year of that, which included studying some Chinese on the side, I came to Beijing to study a year of Chinese at Beida. Since then I've done a mix of different things, including returning overseas for a period of time (all up about a year and half), more teaching, more study, and now working for a consulting company.