Chinese-Forums

Shanghai - University Of Finance and Economics

hunterx27

Hi, I am an italian student. From september to January I would like to enroll to a business chinese language course.

I found on the internet the University of Finance and Economics in Shanghai, which seems to offer interesting business language courses. Do you know anything about this university? And about the business program? Do you know any other university in Shanghai or Beijing which organize similar programs focusing in business chinese language?

thank you

Giovanna

Welcome to China!

I research some information about Shanghai Finance and Economics for you.

Chinese Language Program

I.Programs:

Chinese, Business Chinese

II. Period of Study

2 semesters each year; starts in September and Febrary. The exact opening date will be available in Admission Notice.

III. Application Deadline:

July 30th (intake in Sept.) and Dec.31st (intake in Feb.)

Students who have chinese background can join the above-mentioned Chinese class at any time.

IV. Qualifications:

Non-Chinese citizens, over 18 and under 60 years old, in good health.

V. Application Materials

1) A completed Application Form, which can be downloaded from

http://www.shufe.edu.cn/ices/.

2) Photocopy of passport.

3) Application fee: 415RMB (or the voucher of remittance),

All the above-mentioned application materials and fee which won’t be returned, must be sent by registered or express mail to:

International Cultural Exchange School of SUFE

369 Zhongshan Road (N), Shanghai 200083, P. R. China

VI. Admission

The Applicant, who submmitted all necessary documents, will be accepted. International Cultural Exchange School of SUFE will, after 14 working days, mail the Applicant the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (JW202 Form) and Admission Notice. For the short time study students the office only offer the Admission Notice.

VII. Visa

The Applicant applies to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate for a visa to come to China with the documents including Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (JW202 Form) , Admission Notice and Physical Examination Record for Foreignesr(if need).

Applicant shall take a physical examination no more than 4 months in advance of the date he is required to study at SUFE in a national or public hospital to complete the Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners. If in China, applicant may take a physical examination at a local Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau. Applicant with a Chinese Residence Permit doesn’t need to take a physical examination.

Be sure to get all the above-mentioned documents back after the visa application. They are essential in applying for the required residence permit in China within 30 days after entering China.

VIII. Registration

Applicant shall bring Admission Notice, JW202 Form, Physical Examination Record for Foreigners with original copies of test reports/data sheets attached(if have), passport and register with ICES-SUFE at required time. Meanwhile, applicant is required to pay the tuition. Those who fail to arrive in time due to unforeseeable causes should ask for permission in writing, and can only start their study after getting approval from the university.

Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)

Founded in 1917, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics is a multi-dimensional university which focuses on applied economics and management with theoretical economics as its basis, and its subjects include science, law, philosophy and humanities as well. In 1996 the university passed the departmental preliminary evaluation organized by the Ministry of Education for entering the national “211 project” and one year later it passed the examination for the approval of the project. The year 2000 saw the university pass the undergraduate teaching evaluation and was designated as an outstanding university for its undergraduate teaching. The university has a contingent of around 900 high level faculty members among whom there are around 500 professors and associate professors. In many disciplines, academic echelons have been formed with rational age structures and different academic backgrounds. In recent years the university has been proactive in recruiting young and middle aged teachers with high academic qualifications, optimizing the structure of the faculty.

More detail, please kindly see the website.

http://ices.shufe.edu.cn/

Due to I am in Beijing, so if you plan to Beijing, I would like to introduce more Beijing's University to you.

Hope you have a nice travel and study in China.

The university you listed is not a university focus on language study, in shanghai famous language study university is shanghai international study university, and another university i suggested is Shanghai FuDan university!

you can refer to the following web-site for detials

http://www.shisu.edu.cn/

http://www.fudan.edu.cn/

Best Wishes

I've already read the website, thank you.

Yes, I know that the University Of Finance and Economics is not so famous... but I am looking for Business language courses, while Fudan and Shisu offer just chinese language courses :help

Please, let me know If you have infos about the quality of the business programs, or If someone is ever been in this university, or If you know other good business language courses .:help

Thanks!

I think you want to enter the BCT(Business chinese test) course, is it right? this is a new course in china, and i haven't more information give you, maybe Shanghai - University Of Finance and Economics is a good choice, at least she is one of test site!

by the way have you study chinese, do you know the basic frame of chinese as i think it is very difficulty enter this course directly without any chinese,

Shisu offer a course of chinese (business orient ) with two years terms, it is too long to you !

have a nice day!

You also can see Beijing Language and Culture University. It is famous university on Chinese language training including business class.

http://www.blcu.edu.cn/lzb/lx/index.htm

Another one:University of International Business and Economics

http://www.uibe.cn

I am studying at Beijing Normal University, major is teaching Chinese as second language, in our school, many student abroad studying at different class. So if you are interested in this Univeristy, I can provide more information.

I am graduated in Chinese Language, I've already studied in china for 5 months in the past years, attending language courses. Now I want to improve my knowledge in specific language fields (economic, law, international relations etc.)

I simply read the University Of Finance and Economics website and programs. I don't know the BCT(Business chinese test), can you give me some informations about it?

Thanks for your help:wink: