Chinese-Forums

Big problem with Chinese Visa!!! HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

kLD86

Hi everyone!

First of all, I will introduce myself. I am a 22 years old spanish Mechanical Engineer. I have finished my career now and have obtained a grant to do a traineeship in Chongqing during September and October, but I would like to take advantage of my period in China and have planned to go all August too (to travel around China!).

I have already bought the plane ticket (one month ago) as prices were increasing a lot because of the Olympic Games, and not thinking I will have problems with the VISA.

As maybe some of you already know, because of the Olympic Games, it is now more difficult to obtain a visa type F (the one I should apply for: Traineeships). Last year it only was necessary to send to the embassy the invitation letter of the company but now it is needed a document called VNF (Visa Notification Form or "Qianzheng Tongzhi Biao") signed by an official Chinese Institution (International Affairs). This is what the Chinese Embassy in Spain told me to do. The company will send to me this document BUT!!: (here is the thing) only for the period of my traineeship (that is: September and October 2008 ) ONLY!!! They have not the authority to give me the VNF for August too. :(

So, I would be in China during August, September and October... but I haven't a valid visa for August! Therefore, I have two options:

1) First:

To get a traveling (tourist: type L) visa for August with the problem that I MUST come back to Spain last days of August to apply for the new visa type F in the Chinese Embassy for my staying period in China September-October. They have told me that I cannot renew a traveling visa type L to a visa type F already staying in China (what is possible is to extend a visa type F to a new visa type F). Of course, I can not pay another almost 2.000 € for a new plane ticket for only going to the Chinese Embassy in Madrid (Spain).

2) Second, the best one but I need some help PLEASE!

To find a university which can easily make my visa valid for August, attending to a Chinese, Kunfu, Taichi, Asian Kitchen, .... course or whatever! I am really looking forward to learn whatever about the Chinese language and culture!

Then, the university must be able to give me the well-known JW202 document (for studying in China during August) and then both JW202 and VNF make my visa valid for the entire 3 months.

I have send some emails to these universities in CHONGQING, requesting information about Chinese language programs:

* SISU CANCELED

* Chongqing Institute of Technology CANCELED

* Chongqing University WAITING AN ANSWER SINCE MAY THE 29TH...

* Sichuan Fine Arts Institute WAITING AN ANSWER SINCE JUNE the 3rd...

* Chongqing Normal University WAITING AN ANSWER SINCE JUNE the 6th...

* CTBU WAITING AN ANSWER SINCE JUNE the 6th...

As my plane (on August the 2nd 2008 ) is: SPAIN - PARIS - BEIJING - CHONGQING, it doesn't matter if I find a university in Beijing too! (I will not take the Beijing - Chongqing plane), or even in Shanghai or some city near Beijing (better to pay an intern plane ticket than another international one).

I have emailed this universities too (with still no response):

* Beijing Language and Culture University

* Beijing Central University of Finance and Economics

* Beijing University of Technology

So, PLEASE: Do anyone know another universities planning some kind of course during August and being able to providing me the JW-202 document?

Is anyone going to some university and can ask for this kind of short-term programs please?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! REALLY! I am very concerned about alll this matter... :roll:

PD: I can change the dates paying more money but I will try to continue searching for some courses in August as expected, as I will spend the same money both ways.

From what I know there might be an easier and more straigtforward option. Tourist visa can still be got if you have a plane ticket (which you have) and a hotel reservation for the duration of you stay (which you can get). You are still in Spain, right? Just check at the local Chinese embassy.

Good luck!

Thanks for replying Lu.

This is my first option, I can get a Tourist Visa Type L (only 30 days duration) but as the Chinese Embassy in Madrid told me I MUST come back to Spain last days of August to apply for the new visa type F in the Chinese Embassy of Spain (I cannot renew a traveling visa type L to a visa type F already staying in China, what is possible is to extend a visa type F to a new visa type F).

Thanks anyway!

Thanks for the tips.

I have been reading some posts and I have one doubt now... Would it be a good option applying for a tourist visa in Hongkong (for August), staying all august and then (as I am EU citizen) renew my visa there to a type F? (I have all the documents needed for the period September/October: Qianzheng Tongzhi Biao, passport, invitation letter of the company, ...).

What do you think? Would it be possible?

Again, thanks in advance!

As an EU citizen you don't need a visa for Hong Kong, if you stay less than 90 days. However, double-check, as Hong Kong will also have their part of the olympics. It could also be they will check your return flight. Normally you should be able to apply from Hong Kong for an F-visa into China. However, again due to the olympics, triple-check.