Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua University, Fall of 08

mzpeck

Hey!

I'm going to be studying at Tsinghua in the fall of 08 and am just wondering if anyone else from here is going to be there as well. I've been reading about others' experiences at Tsinghua (search tool) and it is making me so excited :P.

Anyways, who's gonna be there? :)

We (myself & my girlfriend) just received our notices from Tsinghua yesterday that we were admitted to year-long language program. We now need to decide between BLCU and Tsinghua. It's going to be a tough decision!

We also applied for the CSC scholarship, putting Tsinghua as our first choice. So we're basically waiting to hear from the CSC before we make any decisions.

Oh yay! I'm happy to see you guys are going too! haha... when I started seeing so much BLCU, and hardly any Tsinghua I started wondering if i maybe should have chosen them too!

I am going to be just starting to learn Chinese, so it's all a bit overwhelming! I got my acceptance letter and it was all in Chinese, so i can only hope thats what it is :D. but so yeah, now i just have to apply for a visa. Have you done that yet? Which visa service did you use? I think I'll go with Visa Express...

wl239: wow! was it really difficult to be accepted as a degree seeker? That is so cool that you're going to do that! Will your classes be in English?

hi there :mrgreen:

I'm attending Tsinghua in fall as well! I signed up for one semester of language study because I'm not sure if I want to stay in Beijing for an entire year (might hop over to Shanghai).

Looking forward to meeting you:)

I haven't attempted registration yet, but I bet it will be working closer to the deadline. When I registered for BNU dorms a couple of years ago it was the same way--not working until like the month of registration.

tsinghua dorms:

and while we're at it, language instruction and dining halls

I've heard the dorms are pretty new and nice, but there are some problems with mold near the ceiling (?). Me, I'll be living in wudaokou :mrgreen: so excited!

Hi everyone,

I am also going to Tsinghua (Fall 2008). I am from Montreal, Canada.

I am also planning to join BCLU in August for a one month period (haven't received my confirmation yet). I have applied through Unipath China.

Hi Blink,

yep, renting :mrgreen: just finished my BA and not ready for a return to dorming, hehe. I'm checking out apartments in wudaokou next next week. :mrgreen: anyone already in China by any chance?? I'm bored!!