Chinese-Forums

Downtime / Upgrade

roddy

Either one is fine, but now it's half-half so on the main page, the last post shows up under Film and Television, and the subforum itself is linked from Resources and General Issues.

Perhaps I'm the only one confused by this...

EDIT: Awesome, thanks for the fix.

Edited by renzhe

Also, a minor issue: could you take out the 'are you sure you want to log out'? The log out button is small enough that it's pretty hard to log out by accident, and wanyi that someone does that they could just log right back in.

• 1 month later...

Just upgraded to the latest version - no major changes, just bug fixes. However it's now no longer possible to have your username as your password, and 278 of you have emails with new passwords . . .

I've also turned off some javascript functions as I'd had a few reports of them not working. If you notice any issues, raise them and I'll try to fix 'em. Or not.

• 6 months later...

If I get the time over the weekend I'm going to do some upgrading - this will probably result in a period of downtime and possibly read-only access to the forums for a period. Anyone writing particularly long posts is as always advised to keep a copy in case the Internet eats it.

Aiming to do a bit of upgrading in the next few hours (depends how long it takes me to walk home, gorgeous day). Brace yourselves. Shouldn't be too traumatic.

I've needed to make some back-end changes recently, plus there are software upgrades due, hence the more than usual downtime. There may yet be a bit more to come, but not much more and it's all good medicine.

• 3 months later...