Chinese-Forums

anyone have detailed info on Ocean U, Qingdao or Xiamen University?

blink

Which university/city do you suggest?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which university/city do you suggest?

• Ocean University of China, Qingdao
    • Nanjing University, Nanjing
    • Xiamen University, Xiamen

I'm looking for information/review universities in these cities. I've read everything I can find on the forum - there seems to be a lot of general comments on liking these two cities, but I havent seen much on class sizes, teaching skill, campus atmosphere etc. Does anyone have any detail? Please point me to the right post if I've missed someone's review.

I'd also love to hear your vote on where I should study. I'm coming to China in 2009 to study Chinese and maybe take a graduate level international relations-ish course if I can find one. I'm going to study with CET in Hangzhou for a few intensive weeks to try to get beyond the low intermediate level. I'm looking for someplace else to study for the full fall semester.

So far I think I've narrowed it down to Nanjing, Xiamen, or Qingdao. I don't really want to go to Beijing becuase of the pollution (sorry). I've been to Hangzhou before and enjoyed the parks, scenery, and history. I want to live close to whichever university, but probably not on campus. I don't plan to do copious amounts of bar hopping, so I don't mind if the party scene is smaller.

Thanks!