Chinese-Forums

Good place to live in Shanghai?

Sebastian

Hi everyone,

A friend I just met through Facebook recommended me to look forward to this place:

"lin ping road" / shanghai subway line 4 / rainbow city 2 (apt)"

Do you guys know how it is?

If its close to a subway station or whatever?

Also, - if u have the courage to answer this - how do you process to rent an apartment?

Thanks

I don't know about the place you mentioned, but there are many apartment blocks all over Shanghai, so if you know which area you want to be in, you are bound to be able to find something close by.

To rent an apartment, you should go to an estate agent in the area where you want to rent. They will be able to show you a few places for your chosing, and will then process the paper work for you. However, you will probably have to pay something like a third or half a month's rent as a fee to the agent (I forget exactly how much it is, but probably in the region 1000-2000 yuan, depending on the cost of your apartment), and rent is usually paid in 3-monthly installments, so be prepared to pay 3 months rent right off from the beginning.