Chinese-Forums

Getting QQ on iPhone 3G?

crystak

...However, she could login with your QQ ID and see what "friends" you accumulated and can chat with them pretending to be you.

...But if meeting somebody with mating potential it's always a good idea to ask for their QQ number.

Thanks for those wise tips from someone who sounds like he has "Been there and done that."

After only one week of using it, I have already reached one firm conclusion. It's a real easy way to spend a lot of time. I long on, and an hour goes by in the blink of an eye. It may improve my social life, but my homework will probably suffer.

Edited by abcdefg
brevity

I am Chinese and I have used QQ for 10 years now. I don't think QQ is so dangerous. You can easily install and unintall it. You don't even need to reintall QQ when you reintall your system, if you put QQ in a disk other than C:. It's very convinient. If you want to install QQ, I suggest you download it from the official website. I have never heard the story of unable to uninstall QQ. I think that QQ is more risky than msn and there are too many unofficial versions of it. However, without QQ, you still need to protect your computer.

In my opinion, you can try it. If you don't like it, then stop it. It just depends on whether you like this software or not. Some Chinese use msn instead of QQ, some use only QQ, and others (like me) use both. Good luck with the penguin!

In my opinion, you can try it. If you don't like it, then stop it. It just depends on whether you like this software or not. Some Chinese use msn instead of QQ, some use only QQ, and others (like me) use both. Good luck with the penguin!

-----------------

Thanks for your suggestions, Meursault. I like that screen name. Camus "L'Etranger," right?

QQ has been performing perfectly without any problems and I enjoy using it from time to time. But I'm basically an old-fashioned guy and still prefer sending e-mail so that I have time to think about what my friend has said and then think about how to best reply. Perhaps I was just born in the wrong generation.

Edited by abcdefg
typo

I have already reached one firm conclusion. It's a real easy way to spend a lot of time. I long on, and an hour goes by in the blink of an eye.

Absolutely untrue! I use strict control and I use it seldom more then 10 hours a day!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Chinese and I use both QQ and MSN.

There r 30- people on my friend list on MSN and only few of them have the habit to get online. Whether QQ or MSN, it's just the method we use to get in touch with each other. This is a natural, we use QQ cuz all of our friends are using it.

So if most of ur friends is using MSN, then u don't have the obligation to install Qq only to chat with some Chinese friends. btw, having a QQ number doesn't equals that u can make a lot of Chinese friends through it.

Tell em u don't have a QQ, I'm sure ur Chinese friends will still be pleased to chat with u on MSN.

• 1 month later...

To all of those who use Pidgin to access QQ:

Have any of you found Pidgin's QQ support to be sorely lacking? Aside from the already-mentioned lack of photo/video support, and the inability to transfer files, I have two other issues:

1. My account is routinely disabled and requires reactivation. The account is fairly painlessly reactivated using jihuo.qq.com , but I worry that during the time it's disabled my contacts will not be able to add me, meaning I won't be able to maintain contact with people I bump into only once.

2. More perniciously, changes I makes to my contact list seem not to be preserved in later sessions. This applies to the deletion of old contacts as well as the addition of new ones.

3. I've noticed that the only contact who ever appears online is myself.

Any advice?

I have had the same troubles which only seem to have occurred since I tried an official client, my pidgin access went to heck. After multiple jihuo resets, my number appears to have been suspended, so now I just don't bother with QQ anymore. Everyone I know with it also has Live messenger anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Going to bring this thread back to life as I didn't think my question deserved a whole new thread...

Anyways, I was using the iphone QQ 3.3.0 fine and it was great as it had push notifications, but a couple days ago downloaded the updated 3.3.1 and now my push doesn't work anymore....

I know it's not my jailbroken phone as my friend is using the same version on a non-JB iphone and his doesn't work either...

Anyone else with this problem?