Chinese-Forums

Watch Olympics opening ceremony online?

Quest

Most CCTV channels are available on line here. Including the Olympic channel (CCTV5).

CCTV 1 and 2 are showing it. CCTV 9 will show in English.

Edited by liuzhou

Licensing restrictions will probably mean you *shouldn't* be able to watch it streaming from any Chinese site - they'll only have it licensed for mainland China. May well still be possible, but I wouldn't want to rely on it. Though from here in the UK I don't think I've ever found any decent streaming service from China, the data just doesn't seem to move reliably enough.

Starts in four hours - I'll be watching on BBC1, with my laptop on my knee. If anyone else is watching while online we can provide a running commentary to those unable to view, perhaps . . .

Why not? It takes seconds and is harmless.

Who says?

With so many different types of streaming media that don't require special software, why would I want to trust one that does? Who is the publisher of the software? Real, Quicktime, etc? Well no, it is CCTV Int'l -- parent company: Ministry of Propaganda and Information.

Roddy you back in the UK??? Near London/Kent at all?

I will also be watching it on the BBC... and recording it on Sky +... just in case I have to miss some of it due to all the crap I have to do around here...

With so many different types of streaming media that don't require special software

Don't be silly. All streaming media requires special software. And CCTV's is a lot, lot less invasive than either Real or Quicktime.

Ok, at some point the torch has to get from the floor of the stadium to a 'cauldron of fire' (BBC) in the roof, but it's a secret as to how this will happen. Any guesses?

I say - 三轮车 and a ramp . . .

Build up is on on BBC1, but at the moment it's just pre-recorded stuff about how great the Olympics are, they're not live at the stadium yet - oh, yes we are. Wow, that is big. Ten minutes till it starts at 8pm BJ time.

Not sure about live streams, but if you find one you might want to post a link.