Chinese-Forums

Where is the biggest mall in Shanghai located?

my3rdlang

Raffles is hardly the biggest. Trendy, well-run, centrally located and definitely worth a visit, but not the biggest at all.

The link Luobot gave is good. Also, the stretch of Nanjing West Road between Nanjing West Road and Jing'an Temple (along subway Line 2) has some higher-end malls which are good for a look. I remember being blown away by the size of Ganghui (Xujiahui subway station on Line 1) when I first got here, but after moving to Pudong I've come to appreciate the selection of shopping and food at the Super Brand mall (Lujiazui station on Line 2) even more. Still, Xujiahui is worth visiting if only for the electronics/computer markets. And Cloud Nine (Zhongshan Park on Line 2) is definitely not as empty as it once was as long as you don't venture to the upper floors.

Foxtown has Shanghai's only outlets, as far as I know, but I don't know exactly where it is so you'll have to Google it, sorry!

Just came back from Raffles City a couple of hours ago. Excellent selection of clothing, but prices are well beyond my budget. Also it seems like american & european brands seldom go lower than 8折 in China。Clothing is expensive in US malls but I often find things for 1-2折。

After seeing the overpriced brand name clothes, I have to agree with Luobot that outdoor bargain shopping is much more worth it.