Chinese-Forums

Easy Chinese stories

dalizee

Hello!

I nead to practice my reading and my vocabulary and for that i nead to read more. The texts from my book are not enough. I also need something new because that's how i will improve my learning. Because i'm just a beginner, i think i nead stories for children. Short easy stories. To seach a book like that here, in Romania... I won't find anything. I tried to look on the internet, but i don't understand what those sites say. My question is: can someone help me? Just a few short easy stories, with easy words.

I found a nice song, called 泥娃娃. It's a song with very nice words and i understood them all.

So, something like that would be perfect.

Thank you!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
... i nead to read more. The texts from my book are not enough.... Because i'm just a beginner, i think i nead stories for children. Short easy stories.... I tried to look on the internet...

For those in the same position, beginning to learn Chinese and looking for online reading material at a level for children, here are some great free resources not so far mentioned:

- Hundreds of readers for elementary school from Singapore's Ministry of Education, with audio and language activities.

- Lots of reading material from the Taiwan government's OCAC (including Taiwan fables, Children's Stories and Children's Readers)

- Yes-Chinese has plenty of choices for children's readers (with audio, and each word linked to their interactive flashcards), and a large selection of "Bedtime Stories" with audio (Grimm's fairy tales, Andersen's fairy tales, Aesop's fables, Arabian Nights, Greek Mythology, Chinese Mythology) [The technology here is of very high quality, and the graphics are really beautiful.]

- "Chinese Fables, Parables, and Children's Stories" in the Chinese Text Sampler collected by Prof. David Porter at the University of Michigan.

I found these through the Reading section of my LearnchineseOK web directory of Chinese learning resources. There are well over 50 sources cited there, some of which may also be suitable for you if you have a look.

• 5 weeks later...