Chinese-Forums

Vanilla Coke in China?

heihachi

I'm going to China next year and taking the way through Hong Kong.

I've been to Hong Kong 2 years ago and know they have vanilla coke there, so i wondering if they have that in mainland China also or if i have to stock up in hk?

I love vanilla coke so I would be too happy if they have that in China also, specially coz they don't make it here in Sweden anymore..

Where in China? It's a big place and availability of products varies depending on how large and developed the city is. I live in Kunming a second tier city, and we have Vanilla Coke but it's only available on a limited basis from an import grocery chain (presumably imported from Thailand?). I expect availability might be better in BJ or GZ, but you still might be limited to specialized import groceries or the imported section of your local Carrefoure or whatever.

Thanks big time! :D Now I know they have in China and hopefully in my city as well. I don't have to go all way back to HK anyway. I'm gonna study in Xian or Wuhan probably, at least Wuhan is big enough maybe? If there's anyone in Xian or Wuhan please tell me if you have seen vanilla coke there.

Here in Guangzhou, as well as every single city I have been in Guangdong there is Vanilla Coke in every single, grocery store, supermarket, convenience store, mom and pop shop, street vendor, etc. It is ubiquitous and sold right along with regular Coke, and Coke Zero and Diet/Light

I love vanilla coke so I would be too happy if they have that in China also, specially coz they don't make it here in Sweden anymore..

Try regular coke + couple of drops of vanilla extract per bottle. I would be very surprised if it didn't taste the same.

• 3 weeks later...
there is vanilla coke in xi'an. at least there was at the uni tuck shop. didn't look for it anywhere else.

wow :clap Thank you for that, and to all others. now im inspired to go to China!

Will Cream Soda work for you?

hmm maybe, sounds good. Is it chinese?

Alternatively, try mixing with Absolut Vanilia

I already tried mixing vanilla tea and normal coke, taste aweful. Also tried many other things, but this was the best idea so far i think.

I've seen Cream Soda marketed under the 7-Up company (A&W), Shasta and others. It's quite close to vanilla flavored coke. I'm not sure if Coca-Cola produces a Cream Soda or if any of these is available in China.

• 2 weeks later...

Where in China? It's a big place and availability of products varies depending on how large and developed the city is. I live in Kunming a second tier city, and we have Vanilla Coke but it's only available on a limited basis from an import grocery chain. I expect availability might be better in BJ or GZ, but you still might be limited to specialized import groceries or the imported section of your local Carrefoure or whatever.

---------------------

Britni