Chinese-Forums

ZDT flashcard woes

DrWatson

I downloaded ZDT to practice vocabulary for the HSK 基础 and 初中等 levels. I have not found a website that has ZDT formatted flashcards for HSK 3&4 levels on the Internet, so I proceeded to try to produce my own. I used the word lists from http://hmarty.free.fr/hanzi/compound.php?hsk=4 and copied the text into Windows notepad. In Notepad I saved two versions of the file, UTF8 and Windows UNICODE. When I try to import either file into ZDT, after selecting the file and its encoding and specifying that I want a custom format for import, when I press the next button, I get a blank window. If I press finish it complains that I have not entered an import format expression, yet there is no where to do that in the window.

Does anyone know how to get this working? I tried reinstalling the software and it doesn't change anything. Is my unicode file causing the problem? If so, is there anywhere I can get HSK ZDT flashcard sets?

Thank you.

Try these.

The two files contain Level3 and Level4 Compounds, respectively. A few items might be missing as I compiled the lists from 小马词典 a few months ago, but they should keep you busy. (If you need Level1 and Level2, too, I can post them as well).

小马词典-HSK-Level3-Words.txt

小马词典-HSK-Level4-Words.txt

drahnier,

Thank you. The files are perfect. If it is not too much trouble, would you mind posting the cards for the other two levels as well. I really appreciate it!!

Edited by DrWatson

Since people seem to have trouble with ZDT's import, I converted those four files into zdt's "backup" format. Just go to File -> Restore Data and select the file. [Remove the .txt extension, it's just there so this forum will accept the filename.]

HSK1.backup.txt

HSK2.backup.txt

HSK3.backup.txt

HSK4.backup.txt

• 4 months later...

Really cool to have those HSK flashcards :wink:

I was wondering though, are the lists complete? The HSK 1 file contains 569 cards, but on wikipedia I found that HSK A has 1033 compounds. Or are HSK 1 and HSK A different things in this case?

This website is a good resource as well, there the HSK 1 list has about 1033 cards.

These HSK ZDT lists include both single character and multicharacter cards. When I load them ZDT gives me a few errors, but nearly all cards seem to work.

Roddy, would this help you? It seems to be complete. This page is for HSK A, at the top of the page you can click to elementary, intermediate and advanced for the other lists. Traditional characters are included in brackets.