Chinese-Forums

Bincai School, Bincai College Harbin

stevew

Sorry, I don't know of any list of textbooks. All I could find on their website was this (which looks a bit confusing to me):

http://www.bincai.org/english/sub_04_jieti.asp

I mostly used this series of textbooks:

http://www.amazon.cn/gp/product/B0011EOO2E/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=238071972&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0011EOO1U&pf_rd_m=A1AJ19PSB66TGU&pf_rd_r=0GNJSEJ11TQ96WM1HYJR

I only studied 2 hours a day Mon-Fri. A typical day for me would be:

8am-10am self study or free tutorial

10am-12pm Bincai class

1pm-7pm work

7pm-8pm gym

8pm-11pm watch Chinese TV/study Chinese/do homework/meet friends

As you can see, I actually ended up working more than studying (I wouldn't recommend you do that).

The teacher usually gave exercises from the textbook as homework.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • New Members

Hi,

Has anyone been to Bincai College lately? I want to study there for two months and they asked me to pay the fees in andvance before they would send the admission notice to me (needed for the visa). Do you think it is save to use Western Union? They only told me a name, no number of a bank account. Has anyone used advanced payment (Western Union) to pay the school fees?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Wilma said:

Hi,

Has anyone been to Bincai College lately? I want to study there for two months and they asked me to pay the fees in andvance before they would send the admission notice to me (needed for the visa). Do you think it is save to use Western Union? They only told me a name, no number of a bank account. Has anyone used advanced payment (Western Union) to pay the school fees?

Thanks!

I'm currently studying at Bincai. I've never used WU to transfer money, I just came to China on a tourist visa and Bincai changed that to a study one. If you will only be staying for 2 months wouldn't a tourist visa suffice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Thank you very much for your reply. I was thinking about a tourist visa as well, and Bincai suggested this to me, too. But in order to apply for a tourist visa I have to make up a tour and book hotels in advance. That sounds quite complicated to me.