Chinese-Forums

Online tutoring and software - free trials!

roddy

@wrbt

Thank you so much for your message, and your great feedback on our Chinese teachers. "Outstanding" is a very nice compliment rolleyes.gif

Since we launched our Pass model in January (a Pass gives unlimited number of Chinese lessons for a fixed price), we are indeed experiencing a much bigger demand than before and booking lessons is definitively the safest way to secure your teacher. While it is still true that students have the option of not booking in advance (it still happens a lot), we acknowledge that booking lessons helps securing time with your preferred teacher(s). The sentence "No need to book in advance" is to highlight our difference compared to other websites that require booking in advance. Do you think this is misleading?

We are definitively working on increasing the number of Chinese teachers while not compromising our selection standards (only about 15% of applicants pass our selection process). At the end of the day, the ChineseTeachers.com brand is about providing outstanding Chinese teachers and flexible learning, and we do not want to compromise on either.

We are constantly looking for ways to bring more values to our students (like the recent addition of students' online certificate), so please let us know if you feel there are other areas we could improve; we will work hard on improving our learning platform to accommodate the learning needs of our students.

Outstanding might be an understatement, I switch around a lot based on who is available and have had excellent results in quality of instruction. I didn't know about the pass option but that sounds like a great deal if one has the time and commitment, in fact for every day users I can't imagine a cheaper option available anywhere for this model of learning.

As far as "no need to book in advance" I think it could be a little misleading, for example as I'm typing this there are no teachers available so I would have needed to book in advance. Not a huge deal, over the past few weeks I've figured out when the sweet spots are for availability so can usually find someone in green mode when I find I have time to practice on your sight.

Keep up the good work, best of luck, and I look forward to seeing your staff size increasing.

• 3 years later...

Are any of you taking Skype lessons currently?

I have been looking at the links on page 1 in this topic, and just so you know, Roddy:
chinesevoice, studiochinese, chinmaionline, guavatalk  - the domain names seem up for sale.

learnchineseonline.org - 4.99 USD/45 minutes for a qualified teacher, now that is a steal :mrgreen:  (not intending to try it out)