Chinese-Forums

Somebody made up a language using three languages and some pictures,etc...

trien27

Someone's trying to make a new language by using Chinese characters, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Hebrew,pictures, and everyday symbols, like the constellations, etc... Can someone one tell me what they think of the "new characters" being made? It makes no sense to me that someone would want to destroy all of our natural languages. Chinese characters were sought up long ago, just like Egyptian hieroglyphs. Changing their forms in any way would be an insult to those who have used them or are descendants of people who created them. Changing the writings in any way would change the meanings of the words.

Sorry, here's the website: http://www.tapissary.com/cell/cell_3.html

It makes no sense to me that someone would want to destroy all of our natural languages. Chinese characters were sought up long ago, just like Egyptian hieroglyphs. Changing their forms in any way would be an insult to those who have used them or are descendants of people who created them.
Are you really afraid? Are you not a 杞人 (忧天) 呢? :lol:

just ignore it. it's a load o'crap.

imagine 12yo dweebs in the basement wearing star trek uniforms speaking klingon.

"I didn't realize until late this morning that today is a date composed of a row of eights. 8/8/8. I always like to do something special on interesting numerical dates. Last year, on 7 7 07, I'd made a large adjustment to the cyclic grammar, and called it "Sevens" to commemorate that day. As for the simplified grammar of Tapissary, I came up with the name Base Coat Tapissary, this morning. Then later in the day, taking account of the numerical coincidence, I decided to name the simplified grammar: "Eights".

Recently, I've been writing my entries in Sevens. But for a change, today I'm writing the text in Eights."

Good for the creator, I'm sure he's having fun with it. I once invented an octodecimal system for counting. That's probably not the right term, but a system that counts in 18s instead of in 10s, so you go 1, 2, 3, etc, 18, and then 11, 12, 13... I had various secret alphabets shared with various friends. It was all fun. This guy is just taking it one step further, well, good luck to him. I doubt he wants to destroy all existing languages, and anyway that'd never happen.

• 4 months later...

Small bump, but this forum isn't too active anyway..

What a waste of time. And talk about originality :roll: I can make out Chinese characters just ripped off in this fake language. It's so lame IMHO. As the person above said, not a real linguist. His Japanese doesn't even flow properly.

I don't get artificial languages. Most of the time it's ripping off words from other languages, and there's no emotion to the language at all. Just listen to someone speaking Esperanto. It feels like listening to someone that's reading a script and is horrible at acting. There's just no sense of "being" to the language. This one surely is no different.

Of course, it will just stay with him and never go elsewhere, I'm sure. I'm not so against the idea if it's just for personal fun and all, but like the above example with Esperanto, it pisses me off really. Plus just seeing the practically stolen writing system. Maybe if the language were all original and were unique ideas. This looks like some cheap chinese knockoff language that tries to look like some Arabic language. How long before it's pirated on the streets of china :P

Umm, the guy is an artist, who it appears wanted to create his own language for use in his artistic works. I don't think it's suppossed to be a living language, just something to give depth to the art he creates.

Tolkien did the same for his works, borrowing from Finnish, Welsh and other languages to do so.

Really, why the anger? Some people knit, some people play computer games, some people learn unlikely languages like Chinese or Esperanto, and this guy is having fun making up a new language. Who cares if he's original or borrowing from other languages? There's hardly an original language to find in all of the world, invented or not. He's not harming a soul, why not just enjoy his work if you like it, and ignore it if you don't?