Chinese-Forums

Learning chinese in Qingdao

jonfu

Hi,

Check out Ocean University. Email Mr.Gao. I'm interested in studying there next year. He let me check out one of the classes when I visited Qingdao last Spring. I met a woman there who was studying there for 6 months.

Here's the school's contact info:

International Education Centre

Ocean Univeristy of China

23 Eastern Hong Kong Road, Qingdao, P.R. China

Post Code: 266071

Tel: +86-532-85901666/85901555

Fax: +86-532-85901868

Email: iec@mail.ouc.edu.cn

iec@public.qd.sd.cn

Homepage: http://iec.ouc.edu.cn

http://www.ouc.edu.cn

Some of the students also took lessons at a nearby private school. It's called Shin-A Education Group. I believe it's owned by a Japanese guy, Mori Hidetoshi. He let me check out one of their classes as well. Not sure if he speaks English, I spoke with him in Japanese. Here's his email address, senkikaku@yahoo.co.jp.

I really liked Qingdao and I liked the laid-back yet professional vibe at both of these schools. The students and teachers were cool too. Let me know if you need more info. Enjoy your time in Qingdao! It's a beautiful city.

Peace,

Dean

• Like 1

Thanks! I arrived 3 days ago and I like Qingdao so far. Seems like a pleasant city and comfortable place to live.

I suppose it may be a bit difficult to find a language class now, in the middle of the semester, but I will try. OUC will be difficult for me, since I'm doing full time studies elsewhere and not really following the academic calendar, but a private school may be possible.. Thank you for your suggestions, and good look with your plans!

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I am going to start studying Chinese language in Ocean University of China in spring 2009. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of housing rental in Qingdao. I am looking for a 2-bedroom furnished apartment around the campus (on East Hong Kong Rd). I would like to know the approximate price and how 'easy/complicated' to find it. I plan to arrive in Qingdao in mid Feb and the school will start on March 2nd. Will 2 weeks be enough to settle down?

Many thanks in advance,

Justine

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

There are many places in qingdao that do private teaching, but unfortunately I can't really give you any specifics.

What's the exact reason for going private? The universities don't care how many days you attend, so you can kind of tailor it around your own schedule, something that many of us do.

• 2 weeks later...