這次孤行沒人相送

看來只有揮一揮衣袖

飄啊 飄啊 飄的風

吹的是誰的痛

欠山水欠水欠你最多

但願來世有始有終

• 3 weeks later...

刺猬乐队/白日梦蓝/最后一班车

The song starts with a conversation between 2 young lovers who are waiting for the last bus in midnight. The boy is a patient guy. The girl, though, feels a little bored and suggests singing a song for him. Then she starts to sing. Wow, her voice is so beautiful!

全部的爱都已回来

全部的恨都已离开

我站在朦胧的站台

等待最后一班车到来

晚风吹拂

生命的全部

在穿梭的梦里面

拼命的追逐

“You sing so well.” The boy’s voice is still calm but I don’t doubt his sincerity and I would say the same thing. “…have some water.” He passes her a bottle. And then after a while, the bus comes and they leave.

This is a little simple song. Lyric and music is okay. But I must say the feeling is so well. You can easily identity their personality in these few words. The time, the location, the stage, the age, is all a short memory in our life. But it’s so sweet.

You can find an interview of this band and this girl at

苏打绿/春•日光/各站停靠

This is an interesting piece. It involves several cultural figures: 庄周,夏宇,张爱玲.

The song starts with the famous story of 庄周梦蝶.

昔者庄周梦为蝴蝶,栩栩然蝴蝶也,

自喻适志与,不知周也。

俄然觉,则蘧蘧然周也。

不知周之梦为蝴蝶与?蝴蝶之梦为周与?

--庄子〈齐物论〉

In the sage's dream, he was a butterfly, who entirely enjoyed its being without any clue that it was in a person's dream. Now the question is, when we live our lives, and we believe we are whom we are, just like the butterfly believes it is whom it is. If you think of this, you do see a possibility that we have another true self we're not aware of, do you? (That's only my shallow interpretation. The sage could've meant something else. )

Then the song explores the meaning of the butterfly story. It becomes very sensitive indeed.

"When I was a butterfly, I didn't know I was so fortunate." "Only when I dreamed of being a man, I discovered the happiness I once neglected."

It goes on to describe the poetic relation between butterfly and flower. The whole lyric is very convolving and touching.

“每一个蝴蝶都是从前的一朵花的鬼魂,回来寻找它自己。”

张爱玲《流言•炎璎语录》

(Every butterfly is a ghost of a flower, coming back to find itself.)

The French voice comes from 夏宇, an important poet and lyric writer of Taiwan. But don't search for 夏宇 on web if you're interested. That's only one of her pen names. Try 黄庆绮, her true name.

• 2 weeks later...

不了情

张伟文,唱功一级棒,没说的,顶!

不了情

Unforgettable feelings

(translated by studentyoung)

忘不了忘不了!

Can’t forget, can’t forget.

忘不了你的错,

Can’t forget your fault

忘不了你的好,

Can’t forget your sweet

忘不了雨中的散步,

Can’t forget walking in the rain

也忘不了那风里的拥抱.

Can’t forget hugging in the wind

忘不了忘不了!

Can’t forget, can’t forget

忘不了你的泪,

Can’t forget your tears

忘不了你的笑,

Can’t forget your smiles

忘不了叶落的惆怅,

Can’t forget the melancholy of falling leaves

也忘不了那花开的烦恼.

and the blue of blooming flowers

寂寞的长巷,

The lonely long lane

而今斜月清照,

bathing in cold moonlight

冷落的秋千,

Alone is the swing

而今迎风轻遥

swinging in the wind

它重复你的叮咛,

It’s repeating your words on your lips

一声声,忘了!忘了!

again and again, “Forget it! Forget it!”

它低诉我的衷曲,

It’s murmuring the words in my heart

一声声,难了!难了!

again, and again, “Too hard, too hard…”

忘不了忘不了!

Can’t forget, Cant forget!

忘不了春已尽,

Can’t forget the end of spring

忘不了花已老,

Can’t forget the fade of flowers

忘不了离别的失意,

Can’t forget the chill of parting

也忘不了相思的苦恼.

Can’t forget the bitterness of lovesick

----

Cheers!

Ok, so I really really liked this song several years ago. I liked the lyrics and music, and once again, it's a good one to sing to yourself while just doing chores, walking down the street, grocery shopping, ya know. Anyway, I use to have a boxed set of old Chinese songs I received as a gift after I started studying Chinese, but unfortunately lost in one of my many moves. I suddenly thought of this song today and found it online..yeah, the power of the internet:mrgreen: there are different versions of it, but this is still the one l like the most: 一曲情未了-李雅芳

but I gueeeeess you can listen to other versions here too if you are so inclined :wink:

林竹君

谢彩云

邓丽君

Edited by heifeng

永遠冬天 - 林志美's cover version of a Laura Allan song, with beautiful lyrics and singing.

這個冬天 白風吹走了溫暖

任這呼呼風聲 遮掩你最後的再見

冰凍眼淚滿面 望着你跟她走遠

在我的身邊 這刻只有碎葉一片片

當初的戀火 不可能重現

留下是低溫一片

穿一身冬衣 怎可溫暖心裏面

索性狠狠飲光一樽冰水

不再讓我心得溫暖

那管它以後我在這生只有冬天

永遠冬天 這一張冰冷的臉

熱與火 愛的歌 都消失於某天

身邊一切在轉換 這冬天偏永不變

又再每一天一天 都閃出冰冷片段

原來當初戀火 不可能重現

留下是低溫一片

穿一身冬衣 怎可溫暖心裏面

索性狠狠飲光一樽冰水

不再讓我心得溫暖

那管它以後我在這生只有冬天

北風不再現 看春花轉眼開遍

身邊歡呼的聲音 說終於等到夏天

不管天氣變換 我的心偏永不變

冰一般的冬天 將一切滲進裏面

原來當初戀火 不可能重現

留下是低溫一片

穿一身冬衣 怎可溫暖心裏面

索性狠狠飲光一樽冰水

不再讓我心得溫暖

那管它以後我在這生只有 在冷冬偷掛念

漸明白以後我在這生只有冬天

漸明白以後我在這生只有冬天 冬天

A few years back, after I saw the Cantonese video, I searched for Canto mp3 - but it was Mandarin version everywhere!! (don't know why really, but somehow I always prefer 粤语), so here, for heifeng, Kelly's fans & all Mandarin learners. Enjoy!

Have you tried searching for it in 繁體字? Since 陈慧琳 is from Hong Kong, I think you might find it in Cantonese by typing it in 繁體字 instead of 简体字.

In both forms, her name's the same 慧琳, but her last name is 陈 in Simplified Chinese, but it's 陳 in Traditional Chinese.

Since she's from Hong Kong, her name should be Kelly Chan, not Kelly Chen.

Here's what you should search for: 陳慧琳 希望 粵語

Here's the Youtube link:

Edited by trien27
grammar correction

Ok, here's another golden oldie from that CD I had a while back:

回头我也不要你

by (choice of 3 singers that I could find online.张小英is the one I use to listen to a bit years back, but after listening to each one below, I think they all bring a lill' something different to the song~ enjoy:) )

林淑蓉

张小英

Edited by heifeng

oh yeah, 齐秦 has so many songs that are classics. I thought I put some up here*, hmm maybe not. I use to listen to his music quite a bit in while I was still in school..so unfortunately it kinda reminds me of calculus now, but it's great stuff. FYI trien27 I think your link isn't working, so I'm adding some here: ( these are some of my favorite songs by him:clap)

齊秦 - 大約在冬季

無情的雨,無情的你 (fyi best 80's hair EVER in this video)

*On second thought, my mistake I think I only added 火柴天堂, but it have been a different singer, the 齐秦 version is harder to find the video for..