Chinese-Forums

Good Site To Learn Chinese Writing?

eklypze

• 1 month later...

geek_fappa, what's the title and author of that book you scanned? I'm trying to pick a good book for character learning but the "look inside the book" feature on Amazon only shows the first few pages, which is pretty much useless when it comes to character books because you only get to see the index. :wall

the book has no name and you cannot purchase it from bookstores ... if enough people want this book, i can talk to the author and i can create a book that can be sold online.

for now, i will provide small sections of this book to people around the world who want to learn basic chinese, but cannot find a simple source to get started... i'm happy to help in anyway ... i'll scan more pages later...

• 4 weeks later...

I am also looking for a book to learn characters from, sadly I am aiming to learn simplified characters not traditional, otherwise this book would be perfect.

Could anyone recomend a good book to learn simplified script, I can only spend <£30 on it, I am very interested in learning the most useful characters first.

Reading and Writing Chinese by William McNaughton and Li Ying is an awesome book for learning characters. I have been VERY happy with mine. I've used the traditional character edition (though it includes simlpified forms), but it looks like a simplified character version of the book is coming out soon.

If you don't want to wait, the traditional edition includes simplified forms, but it doesn't provide stroke order charts except for traditional. Still, it seems like the traditional character edition is a good idea just so you can learn to at least recognize traditional radicals and common character forms.

• 2 months later...
geek_fappa, what's the title and author of that book you scanned? I'm trying to pick a good book for character learning but the "look inside the book" feature on Amazon only shows the first few pages, which is pretty much useless when it comes to character books because you only get to see the index.

do you still need this book?