Chinese-Forums

chinese recipe translation help

meowypurr

I have a recipe for 薄脆 (hopefully I can find it ready-made in a store, but if not, I have to make it myself ^_^ ) and I tried to translate it myself, but I had to look up nearly every word, so I don't know if everything is correct. If anyone who has good chinese would be willing to double-check my translation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the (very loosely) translated recipe:

1.先将白糖粉、鸡蛋、熟猪油搅拌均匀;

first mix white sugar, eggs, cooked pig oil (?), and stir until evenly distributed

2.加入面粉、精盐及黑芝麻,拌匀即可,不宜多搅拌;

add flour, salt, and sesame seeds, mix immediately, but not too much.

3.将调好的面团擀成一粒芝麻厚度的薄片,使两面均能见露芝麻;

roll the dough to a very thin slice (?), so that sesame seeds are exposed

4.用直径5厘米大小的圆环铁模把薄片压脱成饼坯;

use a 5cm-diameter-sized cookie cutter (ish?) to shape the thin slices.

5.烤炉温度为140~160℃,待烤至饼面呈黄色时翻面再烤;

roast in the oven at a temperature around 140-160 degrees celsius. when the bing turns a yellowish color, flip it and roast the other side.

6.烤至浅棕色,是为成熟,即可出炉。

roast until a brownish color, at which time it's done, and take it out of the oven right away

I wasn't sure about the translation for the last two steps. Seems to be saying something about putting it in a box and cooling it, but I'm not sure:

7.成品出炉略作冷却,即趁余热装入箱内,并注意挤压紧密,以防其在冷却过程中变形。

8.待完全冷却后,再行装盒。

Thank you for your help!

Bored and work...and now hungry :)

1.先将白糖粉、鸡蛋、熟猪油搅拌均匀;

First stir white granulated sugar, eggs and hot lard together until evenly distributed.

2.加入面粉、精盐及黑芝麻,拌匀即可,不宜多搅拌;

Add flour, table salt, and black sesame seeds; immediately mix thoroughly, but don't overdo it.

3.将调好的面团擀成一粒芝麻厚度的薄片,使两面均能见露芝麻;

Roll the dough into a very thin slice the thickness of a sesame seed, and have the sesame seeds exposed on both sides

4.用直径5厘米大小的圆环铁模把薄片压脱成饼坯;

Use a round cookie cutter 5cm in diameter to press the thin slices into biscuits.

5.烤炉温度为140~160℃,待烤至饼面呈黄色时翻面再烤;

set oven temp to 140-160 degrees celsius; bake until the pastry shows a yellowish color, then flip the pastry over and bake the other side.

6.烤至浅棕色,是为成熟,即可出炉。

bake until light brown - this means they're done, so take them out of the oven right away

7.成品出炉略作冷却,即趁余热装入箱内,并注意挤压紧密,以防其在冷却过程中变形。

After the the finished pastries have been taken out of the oven, they'll start cooling down. You want to take advantage of the remaining heat leftover to quickly pack inside the interior packaging. Also, note to tightly compress inside so as to prevent the pastries/fritters from changing shape during the cooling off process.

8.待完全冷却后,再行装盒。

Wait until they've cooled off entirely, then exterior package.

The difference between 箱 in para 7 and 行装盒 in para 8 is somewhat 模糊 so I had to take liberties. Usually when you buy sweets they have two sets of packaging, one holds the pastry in shape which is why you need to 挤压紧密, and one is the outer package which would have the company logo, label, nutritional info etc.