Chinese-Forums

Winter English Camps in China

DCTom

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for winter camp jobs in Korea, and was wondering if there are similar opportunities in China.

I know in China there is a 6 week winter vacation in the school year. I was wondering, are there any English language camps that hire Native English speakers to teach during that period- And if so, how one would go about finding these short term jobs?

Thanks,

Tom

Basically the usual job sites - eslcafe.com, thatsbj.com, tefl.com, will all have adverts. Wouldn't normally recommend them though - they're often hastily thrown together, badly organized affairs held outside of the cities, so there isn't anything to do during your limited time off. I'd imagine you'd be better off getting paid more in Korea and then using the money for a holiday in China.

Rody's recommendation about the winter camps is true generally speaking, however, if you really want to take a vacation in China and get paid then it is definitely worth checking out the website he mentioned for job postings.

I actually have a winter camp of Russian students coming in January who will study English for three weeks. It is not set in stone yet but probably will be very soon. I will need to hire an English teacher for three weeks and the school is located within walking distance of the Forbidden City. The pay is excellent and the quality we expect is high. Feel free to contact if you are interested.