Chinese-Forums

Pleco 2.0 Released!

mikelove

Hi Stefani!

Yes, I have the HotSync manager running, I've tried all of my three USB ports plus USB hubs. I've always had a difficult time hotsyncing, haven't done it in 8 monhts.

Yes, I have Plecodict 1.0, I'm a fan! I got this device for Plecodict. I'm reading everybody's posts about Pleco 2.0 and it makes me sad -- I want that, too!

Thanks, though!

Randall

Hi Randall, sorry to hear you are having all the trouble... but have you considered upgrading to a windows mobile device...?? As I understand it it wont cost anything to transfer across and I for one have been loving it... hope it works out for ya which ever way you go... luck.

I also used to have hassles syncing Palm devices. Easiest thing to do is probably to get a card reader or the software that lets your device act like one and do the card install. If you have a camera or anything that reads SD cards you could probably use that as a card reader.

I've never had a problem syncing my Palm TX, but I don't do it over bluetooth; I sync over my wireless network.

Wireless hubs are so cheap now, and so useful (assuming you have internet access!). I take my Apple Airport Express with me everywhere - really useful in hotels with free wired (ethernet) internet.

randall_flagg: my sympathies. It's really annoying when hotsyncing acts up. And Pleco 2 is really worth it (as I'm sure you're fed up with hearing!).

Have you tried doing a reset on your palm? The kind that resolves bugs, but doesn't wipe everything away. That seems to be palm's catch-all fix-it in the first instance.

Are you trying to install all the Pleco 2 files simultaneously? I had to do it in about 3 batches of hotsyncs to get everything moved across ok.

I have a Palm Treo 650. I currently cannot sync using bluetooth because Ubuntu 8.10's bluetooth stack is broken. (It works for some things but not everything. That's a regression bug, by the way.) So I followed Mike's instructions to install using a memory card and it worked flawlessly.

Thank you, everybody, for their kind support in these dark hours, heihei. With your help, I managed to fix the problem! So thanks to all of you. I will be spending the whole night toying around with this early Christmas gift!

Thank you Mike Love and team, and thank you forum members!

Randall

PS. Do anybody who has similar problems, follow this link

http://www.pleco.com/manual/palminst.html#xpinst

for great instructions.

Oh no! And I thought I had it all figured out. I copied the keyfile.pdb unto my SD card, but I don't think my pleco is unlocked. Haven't had that much time to play around with it, but when I go to "stroke order" it says that this feature is not available in the demo version of Pleco.

I put the keyfile into the root directory as suggested by pleco.com, but I also tried putting it into the Launcher file...nothing seems to work.

Is it listed under your 'My Order' page? You should see Stroke Order diagrams listed as one of the Purchased Components.

If it is, you could try downloading your keyfile again. If it's still not working, double-check that you're A) downloading the 2.0 keyfile, and B) That your System ID is correct. It would be slightly embarrassing if you'd made a typo :)

is there any chance of porting this to blackberry or iphone in the future? Pleco looks great and I'd be happy to buy it but windows mobile sucks.

I know they are thinking of making Pleco available for iPhone but not so sure about bb,,. I have to say I really like the new WM6.1 stable and very cool... course it could be my phone too... :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

Prodigal Son - iPhone yes, BlackBerry not anytime soon since it would require rewriting the whole thing in Java.

bokane - the soon-to-be-released 2.0.1 update includes a user dictionary manager / importer tool, so you can use that to make a new dictionary database from a text file on your handheld. (we've decided that building it into the software is a better bet than having a separate import utility)