Chinese-Forums

My experience with women during first time in beijing

northern_guy

was in Beijing last month and enjoyed my time and I'm thinking of moving there in Feb next yr.

I was there for 8 days and went out to bars and clubs most nights. I'm a 35 yr old guy and went to most of the guide book bars, the bars on Salitun, chinadoll, Angel, Cargo etc. My fav place i think was GTBanana.

Anyway, my experience in all these places was pretty consistant. I'd get some girls coming up and asking if I wanted to dance, 2 or 3 girls in a group coming up and standing beside you. Out of the corner of your eye you'd see 2 of them nudge the other to go stand beside me, generally they wouldn't talk until I said hello. I've travel alot with my work mainly in Europe and noticed the same thing in every place I've been to. A young pretty girl or girls chatting to some guy who buys them drinks for a while and when the girls have had their quota of free drinks disappear and find the next guy.

I pretty much ignored most of the girls that came and stood next to me thinking they were just scamming for free drinks, when Its 40-50 rmb a drink in these places you can see why they would hope to get drinks bought for them and their friends.

I'm not a tight guy and have no problem buying drinks for a lady but I was unsure if that was the only motive for aproaching me and didn't want to be taken for a mug.

I'd be interested to know of other guys experiences with the girls in I guess these Beijing Hi So bars and clubs?

I'm sure there are better places to meet girls who could be relationship material but in the short time I had there these easy to find HiSo places seemed a place to start.

I am in BJ right now have no motivation to go to bars, half for because of exactly that reason. The other half to avoid prostitutes. And for "normal" girls I don't need to go to bars.

You can meet people online, and then meet somewhere. Starbucks, KFC, whatever. Whether it evolves to romance nobody knows. Maybe, maybe not. But you get free language partner anyway.

Saying that, be careful with those language partners too. There are also some "professionals", very few though and easy to spot by sending you pictures of their own not dressed according to the season.

I'd take it as a rule of thumb that you won't meet any relationship material in a bar that charges Y50 for a drink. People who go there are either rich and want to show it, or want to meet people who are rich. You don't want to start a relationship on that foot. (There are exceptions, of course, and no doubt below this post someone will tell how they met their SO in exactly such a bar.)

Haha! And you'd be lucky if you got out with only 50RMB less in your pocket!

A guy I knew, while not the smart fellow but quite nice, got "swarmed" by three pretty ladies in a Sanlitun bar who proceeded to dance in a matter that would shame a Montreal stripper. Being quite drunk, and not used to questionning such blessing, he just kept on dancing. Well, one passport and 500 RMB stolen later, he found out that his stunning looks might not have been what attracted those sirens :mrgreen:.

Hopefully for him he managed to get his passport back, and decided not to go for the RMB.

Trust me, a lot of these bar beauties are paid by the place, or work hand in hand with the local thug/mafia/cosa nostra/police, stay clear of them unless you are absolutely, positively sure that she is not after your money and/or organs.

• 1 month later...

I spent an entire summer clubbing in Beijing and I learnt a hell of alot about how the social scene works over there... Initially I spent alot of my time in popular clubs - popular with expats! But I found them to be the same as any club back home just with more Americans and Chinese. Eventually I made Chinese friends and avoided all expat hangouts like the plague!! Only then did I really begin to understand how things went down with women... The prostitutes in clubs stick out blatently, as do their pimps or the people hiring them for the night! Besides my Chinese friends (who spoke great english) gave me the run down of every place we visited....

I had a great experience with women in Beijing but I dont know why, I think its because im a good dancer and I smile alot. I met a really special girl and I knew she was for real because it took me weeks and weeks to get close to her (non sexual), after which she got really attatched to me (we still keep in touch ;)). I guess you just have to prove yourself if your looking for something genuine.

Basically I avoided prostitutes and the hyper active crazy girls... But I still dont know how to spot a gold digger!

But I still dont know how to spot a gold digger!
I'm not an expert, but I'd think that golddiggers are the ones who insist you pay for everything and give her lots of gifts. Take her out on cheap dates mostly, if she sticks around, she's into you and not just your money.