Chinese-Forums

Need Danish pronunciation in IPA...

hWnd

Thank you so much my super star!!!!!!

But, by the way where did you find it???

——Yes, I'm trying to tearn danish, but a problen comes out:

What about the different pronunciations of the letter i in both tidlig and tilføg?

Interesting, are you planning to move there, because there are only 5 million of them around... one probably will never meet one in one's entire life...

This is the site:

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/danish.htm

tidlig, tilføg

There are three "i"s.

The tid-lig are 2 syllables.

The til-føg are 2 syllables.

"til-" and "tid-" syllables are both consonant-vowel-consonant, and the middle vowel should be short. As in English "bit", IPA .

They are the same.

The "-lig" syllable is strange because "-ig" is suppose to be one unit, so pronounced as English "fine", IPA [ai], I think...

I don't have a dictionary, but I would guess the pronunciation would be:

tidlig [tið·lai]

tilføg [til·f^] ^ is an inverted "v" as in English "up"

I am probably wrong...

If you are learning at at 外语学院 the Foreign Language Institute, you can pick up a dictionary there and check. Or maybe at any university which teaches the language, they should have it in IPA.

-Shibo :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

I'm not studying in a "外语学院"now, but the pronunciation of "i" in "tidlig [tið·lai]"

doesn't seem to be identical to the IPA you presented, according to the way a Danish pronounces...

It's somehow close to the sound "i" in Chinese "ci4(次)"([ts] is EXCLUDED), and the soft "d" seems to be always pronounced "i", as in Chinese "ci4(次)".

According to a Danish friend the word "tidlig" is pronounced as "[tI:·li]",supposing the be for "i" in Chinese "ci". Anyway the Danish letter "J,j" is pronounced as "[joI]"