Chinese-Forums

Go to Shenzhen in midnight

chinesecanuck

Hey, I am flying from Vancouver to Hong Kong thru United Airline, lol.. 1st time, hopefully they are not sux... usually i go with Air Canada or Cathy..

however, i will arrive in Hong Kong on Jan 20th at 22:50, i guess after i go thru immigration stuff, probably not going to get out until 23:30....

is there any coach from HK airport to Shenzhen directly? or do i have to reply on city Transit system? Probably no ferry neither eh?

Do you think it's quite expensive to take a cab to Chinese border?

I have friends could pick me up as long as i cross the border.

Was reading travel report from Foreign Affair website here, they warn us if travel to Shenzhen, is that dangerous to travel by yourself in midnight? I guess those travel report could be quite BS as well, you could simply get shoot anywhere, including Toronto, Vancouver. Gang violence is probably worse than China here eh? you simply have to be common sense when you are out of “little house on prairie “….lol…

Ok, question, how do I travel into Shenzhen in midnight? Coach?

Or should I stay over in the airport and wait for next day, just take ferry?

I think my friends live in Shekou, but they told me they are able to pick me up anywhere in Shenzhen, as long as I cross border.

Huanggang Border is open 24h. There are several buses that go to SZ, but not sure if they go at night. I am pretty sure that there will be some sort of transport other then taxi.

You can check here: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/transport/transport-connection-with-mainland-china/mainland-coach-services.html

A taxi should be around HK$300 , on the China side there will plenty of taxis too.

sux, none of them got midnight transporation, 300 dollar sounds reasonable..but they can't ship you cross border, can u?

i still have to carry everything thru..

it should ok. worst comes with worst, just ask people eh?

with any form of transport you will have to unpack twice, first at HK border, then at China border. Same during daytime.

Once you arrive, check for transport at the info desks. If you really need a taxi, take a GREEN one, they are cheaper then the red ones.

thank you for your info...

well, if i have no idea how to go there, i might as well just sleep at the airport, i heard it's kinda of scared to travel in midnight over the border.

beside, if i have to unpack twice in midnihgt, kinda of like lots of works....:-(

why they do that? i mean, why not just one border?

but i know, it's still consdered two region eh?